CCW SBR in Ok

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
@TimHarper you out there?

Rolls Eyes - annoyingly.

I’m legitimately asking if it’s legal to carry an SBR concealed in the state of Oklahoma. Like a Sig MPX, Scorpion, or a Rattler in a backpack. I know if it’s a braced pistol, it can be but in some states SBR’s are not allowed to be concealed.

sixseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the definition pulled directly out of the SDA law. I’m no lawyer but it would seem to me based on this definition that a SBR would qualify as a handgun and would be legal to carry. Maybe someone else knows more than I do.

TITLE 21 § 1289.3 DEFINITIONS FOR FIREARMS ACT
"Pistols" or "handguns" as used in the Oklahoma Firearms Act of 1971 and the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act shall mean any firearm capable of discharging single or multiple projectiles from a single round of ammunition composed of any material which may reasonably be expected to be able to cause lethal injury, with a barrel or barrels less than sixteen (16) inches in length, and using a combustible propellant charge, but not to include any firearm with an overall length of twenty- six (26) inches or more, flare guns, underwater fishing guns or blank pistols.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This is the definition pulled directly out of the SDA law. I’m no lawyer but it would seem to me based on this definition that a SBR would qualify as a handgun and would be legal to carry. Maybe someone else knows more than I do.

TITLE 21 § 1289.3 DEFINITIONS FOR FIREARMS ACT
"Pistols" or "handguns" as used in the Oklahoma Firearms Act of 1971 and the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act shall mean any firearm capable of discharging single or multiple projectiles from a single round of ammunition composed of any material which may reasonably be expected to be able to cause lethal injury, with a barrel or barrels less than sixteen (16) inches in length, and using a combustible propellant charge, but not to include any firearm with an overall length of twenty- six (26) inches or more, flare guns, underwater fishing guns or blank pistols.

thanks, exactly what I was looking for.

Latest posts

Top Bottom