CDNN RANT!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If that's all it took to add them to your list, I can imagine that list being pretty long.

You didn't have to call. They could have answered you tomorrow between 9 A.M. - 3 P.M.

I did have to call. Yesterday during this time frame I emailed and they said to call them. I told them I wasn't available to call but they refused to forward my shipping information. I was finally available to call last night around 6:30 p.m. and they said that I would have to call in when the internet team was available, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. So apparently their internet team doesn't use email. The person who was emailing was prompt - they just refused to assist me.

Never had any problems with CDNN and have shopped from them a lot. Fair compedative prices and fast shipping.

I wouldn't know! I have no idea when or if my order has shipped.

Sorry you are having difficulties with them but I have ordered from them several times without a problem. Most recently yesterday around lunch time I ordered four mags and an AR part by evening I had a FEDEx tracking message saying expect Friday delivery. That is typical in my experience.

This would be great! Just not my experience, unfortunately. Maybe it shipped, maybe it didn't. I don't know because they won't email me my shipping confirmation for a purchase I made entirely online and I'm not available to call them during the timeframe that they have someone there to help me.

I'm completely opposite of your logic. If I am having any issue, I'd much rather speak with someone live than over email. More than likely it's a policy set up to make them more efficient while protecting the security of the customer. More often than you'd think, people do not email in with adequate information to locate the problem. A quick conversation can save a lot of back and forth.

I emailed with my order number. If they needed any additional information I wouldn't have been adverse to providing it. I heard back from them. They just refused to assist me by email and insisted I call. I did finally call and was told I had to call another time.
The world is coming to an end...:pissed:

Uh, no. (see: hashtag first world problem). Just another stupid online retailer who won't actually do business entirely online.

I HATE talking on the phone. Can't stand it. I'd much rather have an email contact.

Me too, but there's a lot of places that don't want to commit to anything in writing it seems.

The horror...

First and foremost, I am a drama queen.

I have had no problems with both CDNN and Cheaper Than Dirt.

But after hearing about all the problems that everyone else has had, I am not sure about doing business with them going forward.

Yeah I had similar issues with Cheaper than Dirt on a previous order which is why I didn't consider them for this order.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive used cheaper than dirt plenty. The problem is people want cheap prices and good service. Normally it doesnt work that way. Most of the time in order to cut prices companies will cut payroll and wages. Therefore you get less help and the help they have is the lower end of the scale. All in order for them to make money selling at cheaper prices.

Price, quality, service. Pick any two!

The person I was emailing with, who never identified him or herself as anything other than "CDNN," was a snarky jerk but probably could have helped me if he/she/it had just wanted to. The guy I talked to on the phone was super nice - he just couldn't get me the info "because it was an internet order."

For me, the root of the issue is why can't the provide me with basic information online about an order I placed and paid for entirely online?

Bryan

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have dealt with CDNN many times and have never had a problem, have always been quick shippers and good prices

Good to hear! This was my first order and they won't give me my shipping information. Well, they might if I call them and during the smaller window than their normal business hours that the internet team works. I just don't understand why the internet team can't email it to me.

Fair enough, lol

Cdnn can be squirrely for sure, but I've always gotten what I've ordered.

Yeah, this is definitely a squirrely situation. Good to hear that they aren't all bad since my only experience with has so far been not good.

Bryan

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have used cdnn several times and only once had a small problem which they took care of pretty fast.Most all gun shops charge $30.00 or more for glock mags and i have probably bought 50 from cdnn for less than $20.00 a piece.They also have had some pretty good deals on sigs and HKs in the last few months.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I HATE talking on the phone. Can't stand it. I'd much rather have an email contact.
Me, too. I spent 33 years talking to people on the phone. I'm really tired of it. Plus, I just don't talk much. Add to that the fact that I can't hear worth a damn, email is a godsend to me. Can't understand why a busy business person wouldn't prefer it as well, especially since it offers black and white proof of a conversation. Wait! Maybe that's why they don't like it.............

Latest posts

Top Bottom