Celebrating the life of Officer Meagan Burke

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know we have several LEOs, current and retired, on our forum, and you folks have had to attend too many of these over the years. This was held at our church this afternoon, and a few of us were asked to assist with "where's the bathroom?, where is the bagpipe group practicing?, etc." It was an honor to be able to do this little service. I spent my time at one of the doors, and in the hallway.

I took a photo of one officer, but decided not to post it because I was concerned that someone might recognize him and cause him some grief. He sat in the hallway, at full attention, all alone for the entire service. I was deeply moved watching him. At one point I took him a bottle of water and thanked him.

There have been too many of these services lately.

I said a prayer for all of you officers, and your families. What you do is appreciated.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know we have several LEOs, current and retired, on our forum, and you folks have had to attend too many of these over the years. This was held at our church this afternoon, and a few of us were asked to assist with "where's the bathroom?, where is the bagpipe group practicing?, etc." It was an honor to be able to do this little service. I spent my time at one of the doors, and in the hallway.

I took a photo of one officer, but decided not to post it because I was concerned that someone might recognize him and cause him some grief. He sat in the hallway, at full attention, all alone for the entire service. I was deeply moved watching him. At one point I took him a bottle of water and thanked him.

There have been too many of these services lately.

I said a prayer for all of you officers, and your families. What you do is appreciated.
Amen thanks to all who serve!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom