Cell phone game cameras- What do you like?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a stealth cam sonic at sams for $80 in September. It worked out until it started raining and it crapped out. Tried to call tech support but that was like a 32 day hold. Sams took it back no questions asked. When it worked it was good, plus one season for free was a nice perk. If they go on clearance I may buy another one and try again
I have nothing good to say about Stealth Cams, except that it's a joy not owning any of them anymore.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
How much are the data plans associated with the cams you all are running? I think the stealth cam was $20 a month with ATT
Tactacam runs off of an app, so it doesn't matter if you have an ATT cam or Verizon cam, it all goes to the same app. $12/month for unlimited pics per cam, there are cheaper options if you're putting a cam on a trail or something. Feeder cams you'll want unlimited though imo.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I get pics in about 20 seconds with my tactacams. A couple advantages to them.
You can tell what’s in your area before you walk in.
If you run multiple cams, if there are deer in another area you can see the general direction they leave in real time. Possibly heading your direction.
I was getting ready to walk in to an area Tuesday when I got notice that a deer I wanted to take was at another feeder. I decided to try a sneak. Didn’t work but was fun anyway.
You can follow movement in quick chronological time directly through the app.
There’s a few other advantages but those are just a few off the top of my head.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tactacam runs off of an app, so it doesn't matter if you have an ATT cam or Verizon cam, it all goes to the same app. $12/month for unlimited pics per cam, there are cheaper options if you're putting a cam on a trail or something. Feeder cams you'll want unlimited though imo.

That’s not bad at all. Is it contracted or can you shut it off when you’re not running cams?

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I liked ATT Buy a Session, because I got unlimited pictures for $78/year/per camera. The Spartan plan I’m using is $200/year, and I can add additional cameras for $60/year. The more cameras you add the more cost effective. I have 3 on the Spartan plan and one still on Buy a Session. By next year, I plan to add another camera, because 5 gets you pretty close to what I spent a year with ATT.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another option....... I have 2 Arlo Go cameras I use for security. The cameras are a little more pricey than a trailcam ( around $400 ) but they are on my shared data Verizon plan for $5/month each. I can see where they would work great as a trailcam. They have a rechargeable battery that lasts a month or so depending on useage. I "arm" mine so I get a 10 second video ( user defined ) almost instantly when motion is detected. and the clip is saved to my phone for review later as well. I can also access them for real time observation anytime. The 2 cameras I have......have worked flawlessly for 3 or 4 years now. I purchased an extra battery that I keep recharged so it's just a matter of switching out the battery in about 10 seconds.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another option....... I have 2 Arlo Go cameras I use for security. The cameras are a little more pricey than a trailcam ( around $400 ) but they are on my shared data Verizon plan for $5/month each. I can see where they would work great as a trailcam. They have a rechargeable battery that lasts a month or so depending on useage. I "arm" mine so I get a 10 second video ( user defined ) almost instantly when motion is detected. and the clip is saved to my phone for review later as well. I can also access them for real time observation anytime. The 2 cameras I have......have worked flawlessly for 3 or 4 years now. I purchased an extra battery that I keep recharged so it's just a matter of switching out the battery in about 10 seconds.
Looks like the price has come down since I purchased mine, just checked Verizon's website. The Arlo Go 2 LTE is now just $250. I have the optional 'sleeves" that hide the white camera just fine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom