Cell phone game cameras- What do you like?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In case anyone is interested, I found a picture of my first cell camera from 2007. It was a Moultrie and was pretty much a joke compared to today’s technology.
9720F45D-D524-4B1D-A477-D18A14DE5BEE.jpeg

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How often did you have to change out the glass plates? :rotflmao: J/K!
I threw the old “modem” away years ago, but I still have the solar panels and the camera. The camera still works great. It uses D cell batteries and eats them like candy, so I don’t use it anymore. I put the solar panels out a few weeks ago to see if the internal batteries would take a charge, and one wouldn’t. I haven’t thrown them away yet, but I need to.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I threw the old “modem” away years ago, but I still have the solar panels and the camera. The camera still works great. It uses D cell batteries and eats them like candy, so I don’t use it anymore. I put the solar panels out a few weeks ago to see if the internal batteries would take a charge, and one wouldn’t. I haven’t thrown them away yet, but I need to.
Ha! You might be able to get a replacement battery at a batteries+ or on ebay if the solar still has current.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Oh yeah, the good ol days of D cell cams and 35mm rolls. You’d have to take the film in for 1 hour processing and get actual photos. Man, we’ve come a long way!

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stealthcam wildview
Runs an ATT signal
You can do some camera controls from the phone app as well as turn on or suspend cell service or changè camera settings.
Paid around $100 including a card with more memory Stillwater Atwoods last year. Good pictures sent to my phone from Garfield coùnty.

Attachments

• 1668180756012.jpg
    1668180756012.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 1668112540683.jpg
    1668112540683.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 1666362936980.jpg
    1666362936980.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 0

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh yeah, the good ol days of D cell cams and 35mm rolls. You’d have to take the film in for 1 hour processing and get actual photos. Man, we’ve come a long way!
That camera actually takes a current SD card, but yeah, my brother and I carried many rolls of film to the one hour photo just to find out we had pictures of squirrels and crows. :anyone:

When the original Camtrakker brand cameras came out, they had Sony digital cameras in them, and we thought we were wiping in tall cotton by not having to get film developed.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm using two of the Moultrie Delta Base Cell cams. Overall, I'm happy with them because of the price. Paid $99 for two and one on sale for $69 at BPS. Our cell service on our property is mediocre at best so our connection with the trail cam is on par with our cell phones. When the trail cam shows poor cell service it still sends pics. Setup was ok bu the review on the setup procedure weren't great but in general the review were 4 star, if that means anything.

Daylight pics are great and no complaints. Night time pics are above average and has about a 65'-75' range. My FIL has the same camera and his camera location is in thick heavy cover and his pics are much more clear and bright at night than one of mine that covers a feeder in an open pasture; but those pics are still acceptable for me to see the game. Part of the problem I have is that i have the camera too far from the feeder and too lazy to move it to a better, closer location.

THe Delta Base camera send the pics quite fast but drains the batteries in about 3 weeks in that mode. I switched it to I think, three times a day, and batteries are lasting 3+ times longer. I have the Unlimited pic plan and can cancel at any time then resubscribe next season for $17 month.

Again, happy with how it performs considering the price I paid.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have several glitchy Spypoint cameras and a Moultrie Delta Base camera out now. Recently bought a Tactacam that I'll get ready for next year.

As @Parks 788 said the daytime pics on the Moultrie are really clear and most of my night time pics are as well. Moultrie also has a setting to over write your memory card (oldest pics are written over by newest) if you get in a bind and can't swap it out. Spypoint cameras need the occasional restart or firmware update to work correctly. Their daytime pics are usually pretty decent. Night time can be out of focus or have some glare.

Whatever you get be sure to buy or put together a 12v power source with a solar trickle charger.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom