Cell Phone Plans?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess it depends on whether one travels or not. In the last ten years, we've done a good bit of traveling out west and some east. Verizon has been good for us with regards to coverage. From what I've heard, not so much with AT&T.

We changed from AT&T to Verizon back somewhere between 2006 and 2010 because where lived between Tuttle and Mustang, I had to go outside to make a phone call. Also, AT&T was awfully bad about dropped calls and us not getting voice messages for days from the calling date. We've been happy with Verizon ever since, and we even have their MiFi system for internet. We can be driving down the highway and the wife get online with her laptop with the MiFi.

Truckdriver

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have ATT business plan that I pay $135 a month for. I get a TRUE 100gb 5g data plan on the phone and an additional 100gb tether! Plus the usual unlimited call and txt..

I've tested it and to date, my highest usage was 89gb on the phone and 78gb on tether. Never slowed down, had throttling or anything.

Its expensive but since it's my primary internet source, it's well worth it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We use At&T unlimited.
As we travel around in our RV and listen to the other travelers, that is the service that most use after trying the rest.
Different locations may have advantages, but when your on the move, AT&T seems to work the best for most.
Being in sometimes remote locations we use cell boosters, WiFi boosters, and have satellite TV capable of picking up both eastern and western satellites.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First thing to do is find out who really has coverage at your house, then also coverage where you spend most of your time driving away on a regular basis. The "coverage maps" are not all that reliable at times. Best to invite family or friends over and see what kind of signals they are getting at your particular location with various brands. Then, if it is say ATT for example, research to find out who of the lesser expensive companies uses the ATT towers etc.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have had AT&T for years, with no problems. We have traveled all over the country with full coverage everywhere. I even got a call from our alarm company while in the middle of Denali NP telling me that our home alarm was triggered. I know everyone has different experiences and that is what makes this cell phone nonsense such a headache for everyone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom