Cerakote color consult

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked this up a few days ago. It had what Wilson is calling a blackout treatment or similar, which meant coating the barrel, guide rod and plug, black. The barrel was looking pretty rough, so I cerakoted those pieces in titanium. It came out with more of a bronze tint than I expected. I don't think it looks terrible, but I still think I'd rather have something more silver. I think the picture is a pretty fair representation of the color.

Should I redo or leave it? I may shoot it some and then recoat when the 'new to me' wears off. What say folks here?

20211014_075810.jpg

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya know, I kinda like it. Keep coming back to it to see if my initial favorable impression changes and it hasn't. In fact, I would install a more conventional, "non-holey" trigger then coat it and the safety the same as the barrel.

Or a trigger that looks more like this:
1634228544216.png

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ya know, I kinda like it. Keep coming back to it to see if my initial favorable impression changes and it hasn't. In fact, I would install a more conventional, "non-holey" trigger then coat it and the safety the same as the barrel.

Or a trigger that looks more like this:
View attachment 228182
Yeah, I've never had a flat trigger so I'm going to see what I think of it for a while.

Latest posts

Top Bottom