Cerakote color for CZ 75B SA...need opinions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Planning to hopefully drop off a newly aquired 75B SA this afternoon to be refinished in cerakote. I was originally planning to coat both the slide and frame in graphite black, but I ran across the photo below (photo #1) and am now contemplating going with burnt bronze on the frame. The pistol has a FO front sight and an adjustable Novak rear sight. I will be installing black aluminum grip tape panels, black straight trigger, and a comp hammer from CZ Custom so the pistol would look very similar to a CGW Copperhead package (shown in photo #2).

Thoughts and feedback on the frame color are welcome.

l3VbLY5h.jpg

883y5Kgh.jpg

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I personally think the graphite black would look excellent with black grips or maybe a set of gray grips. I just can't warm up to the copper/bronze color.

Last edited:

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Rocky. This is basically how she would look if I went back with a black frame. I'm not normally a fan of two toned CZ's unless they have a full length dust cover, but I'm kind of digging how that Copperhead looks.

991kSaph.jpg

Last edited:

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The color of the cerakote on the Copperhead is a custom mixture so burnt bronze won't be an exact match, but it's close enough. I might see if they can darken up the color just a smidge.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am also digging the "darker" burnt bronze and black combo. Wonder how it would look if you reversed 'em? "Darker" burnt bronze slide/black frame? But; it's hard to top that copperhead look for that CZ. I almost went that way (B.B./Black) with my SigP229, but decided I liked the Black/Tungsten better...for that pistol. The CZ custom shop has different color slim grips too...one in bronze even

Either way you go its going to look good.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The stripped slide and frame have been dropped off with Clint at Black Label Armament. He had a sample of the burnt bronze on hand and it was plenty dark so I left it as-is. The slide will be coated in graphite black and the frame will be burnt bronze.

I already ordered all of the parts from CZ Custom yesterday evening and they shipped today. Aside from the competition hammer and straight trigger with pre-travel and over-travel adjustments, the pistol will also be getting a pre-B series sear so that the firing pin block can be removed. The thin aluminum grip panels are the black version, same as the ones on the CGW pistol above. I made sure to purchase hex screws as well so that I can ditch the ugly OEM phillips screws.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Excellent. Clint tell you about a week to coat it? Then what...15-20 minutes to install the new parts...right? With time for a sammich thrown in, of course. It’s gonna look good. It’s tough to top a CZ-75 A (Anything) for aesthetics to start with, plus the overall design and machining of their pistols is nothing less than top shelf. I kick myself every day for letting my duo-tone compact slip away...but I did. Dammit. Purtiest Pistol I ever had. I musta been feverish or delirious is all I can think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom