CETME 7.62X51 rifle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a CETME 7.62X51 rifle from Century Arms that I purchased several years ago. This is a look alike of the Heckler & Koch HK91. This rifle has the wood furniture with a leather sling. I am trying to date this rifle by serial number. I have not been able to find any source thru which I can do this so far. I have determined that it was made in St. Albans Vermont and that it is a cast receiver as opposed to a stamped receiver. The serial number of the gun is stamped on the top of the receiver and is C02457. So does anyone know, by that serial number, how to date this rifle? Are there any other identifiers that would help to determine the date of manufacture?
DSC00236.JPG

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I have an email to them requesting some information but its been a while
and still no response. Maybe some day.
That's why I said call. As crappy as CAI is, they actually answer the phones. Probably the only way you will get an answer.

Out of curiosity, why are you looking for the "born on date" If you bought it new, the receiver and other 922r comp parts are probably with in a year of when you bought it. As far as the imported parts, well its probably a LOT older than that

Last edited:

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never said that I bought the gun new. I bought it several years ago and it was a used gun at the time I
purchased it. I have no idea how old it was at the time.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's why I said call. As crappy as CAI is, they actually answer the phones. Probably the only way you will get an answer.

Out of curiosity, why are you looking for the "born on date" If you bought it new, the receiver and other 922r comp parts are probably with in a year of when you bought it. As far as the imported parts, well its probably a LOT older than that
Do you know their phone number? All I can find on their website under contact info is their email contact.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
great guns, I have one as well...the slap to close bolt is the coolest. From what I understand it was the precursor to the HK stuff. After WWII a bunch of engineers fled Germany to spain and developed the CETME. which led to the basically identical HK91 which led to the select fire G3.

try these numbers for century's customer service.
1-800-527-1252
1-800-270-2767

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you know their phone number? All I can find on their website under contact info is their email contact.
Wow, well CAI used to have their numbers posted on their web site. My guess is they got tired of dealing with their RAS47 and C39 debacles and took them down

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
great guns, I have one as well...the slap to close bolt is the coolest. From what I understand it was the precursor to the HK stuff. After WWII a bunch of engineers fled Germany to spain and developed the CETME. which led to the basically identical HK91 which led to the select fire G3.

try these numbers for century's customer service.
1-800-527-1252
1-800-270-2767
Hey thanks. I'll try those.

Latest posts

Top Bottom