chamber adapters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was looking at these and barrel sleeves the other day...pretty intriguing. The thoughts of being able to take an old SxS shotgun and have a 45-70 in the left and 30-30 in the right barrel is quite intriguing...or any random mix.

retired trucker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was looking at these and barrel sleeves the other day...pretty intriguing. The thoughts of being able to take an old SxS shotgun and have a 45-70 in the left and 30-30 in the right barrel is quite intriguing...or any random mix.
i knew a gunsmith in arizona who did a double with exposed hammers and damascus barrels sleeved in 45/70 with black powder loads

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have built quite a few double rifles from double barrel shotguns, and the thing you really have to pay attention to is the firing pin. The big fat rounded firing pins will rupture most rifle and pistol cartridges, and especially pistol cartridges because of the thinner primer cup...

I took my Baikal 12 ga. 30" trap gun, that had a small rifle type firing pin in it, and sleeved it with a 29" barrel chambered in 7X30 Waters. I machined off a section of rib and installed a scope base on it. When all was said and done, that gun would shoot Noslers 150 gr. Ballistic Tip under an inch at 200 yds.. That's one gun I very much regret parting with, but a State Trooper decided he needed it more than me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom