Change of Address

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delta6

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The good news is that if you are moving in-state then there is no legal requirement that you notify the ATF of your new address. However, up until June of 2013, it was requested that NFA owners send a letter to the ATF when moving in-state so that the NFRTR (registry) could be kept up to date.

Since June of 2013, the ATF has returned such letters with a note that they are no longer accepting address changes in the form of letters and requesting that those wishing to report a new in-state address submit a Form 5320.20.

In summary … you have no legal duty to notify the ATF of an in-state change of address. If you wish to do so, you should use a Form 5320.20.

CODE_3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The good news is that if you are moving in-state then there is no legal requirement that you notify the ATF of your new address. However, up until June of 2013, it was requested that NFA owners send a letter to the ATF when moving in-state so that the NFRTR (registry) could be kept up to date.

Since June of 2013, the ATF has returned such letters with a note that they are no longer accepting address changes in the form of letters and requesting that those wishing to report a new in-state address submit a Form 5320.20.

In summary … you have no legal duty to notify the ATF of an in-state change of address. If you wish to do so, you should use a Form 5320.20.
Thanks!

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What about local? I dropped of paperwork with the Oklahoma County Sheriff at the same time I sent in my ATF Form 4. I will be buying something with more land the next time the housing market bottoms.

Latest posts

Top Bottom