Charlotte Trucking Company Owner Fights for $39,500 Police Took from Him(Civil Asset Forfeiture) at Phoenix Airport

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just the fact that any cop can reach into your wallet, take your cash, or even seize your property without due process and proof that the property you possess at the time was from a criminal act, violates every part of the constitution and those thieves should be harshly punished starting with losing their pensions.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
they...media ...brag how mexican cartels rake in billions...we do nothing....

scum cops do this...they can refuse it saying illegal...just like unjust military order..

remember the names of these cops ...to be held accountable ,...how many are political scum lapdogs for a job

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When a confiscation occurs here in OK, say by a county sheriff, where does that money go? Does the county keep it or does it go to the state?

Not sure about all cases, but I have personally seen vehicles with county insignia on the side and a notation on the tailgate of pickups that state the vehicle was confiscated from criminals.

Thus, I'd guess that if the county does the confiscation, then the vehicle or other property is kept at the county level.

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was a case in Canadian County where a sheriff deputy stopped some Chinese men who had something in the 10k range in cash- it was confiscated, and the DA tries to connect them to drug activity with no drug evidence whatsoever. Of course, the DA continued forward with the intention of keeping the money, because it's just your taxpayer money paying for all this anyway. I didn't ever hear the outcome, but my take is that is there was no illegal activity that can be proven, how can they do that.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was a case in Canadian County where a sheriff deputy stopped some Chinese men who had something in the 10k range in cash- it was confiscated, and the DA tries to connect them to drug activity with no drug evidence whatsoever. Of course, the DA continued forward with the intention of keeping the money, because it's just your taxpayer money paying for all this anyway. I didn't ever hear the outcome, but my take is that is there was no illegal activity that can be proven, how can they do that.
I remember this one but don't recall the resolution either. This is probably a sweet spot for seizures since there is no way you could justify an attorney to sue to get your $10k back. Except on principle.

Whole thing is crooked.

Latest posts

Top Bottom