Charter Arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Looking at the Google, tear down on this is interesting lol.
Having never shot a 44sp I think I will wait to see if I buy wood shoes for this but did read that BK grip type J does work if I go with wood.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SSP has a 44 special that needs re crowned . Looks like it took a direct fall on the nose of the barrel and the amount of metal movement makes me think soft metal.
I have been wanting a 44sp but know nothing about the charter arms except they have a crap rep on the webs.
Does any one on here have and older model Charter that can give me a little info about these or should I save my duckies and wait until I find something else.
Not wanting it for show but EDC so I do not care that it is a little ugly but want something reliable .
We've had a couple of Charter Arms Snubbie .38's and my wife loves them. She's got tiny hands, and they fit well, and function well. No, they're not target pistols! But at under 25 feet, she could put one in your left eye if she so chose. Or all five. The only one we've not really liked was the alloy frame Pink Lady. It's a little too light to be comfortable with our normal .38 Special loads. I've got an ammo box full of stuff my brother reloaded in the early 90's. 158gr semi-wadcutters over a relatively mild load. They're great in my Ruger Security Six .357, just a little stiff in the Pink Lady. I've gotten to fire a .44sp Bulldog, and wanted one, but have never been able to find one I could afford.

226 Man

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might want to keep those Pach grips on that Son of Sam .44 Spl. Those little guns don’t weigh much and the little factory grips they came with don’t tame the recoil very well.

Old Noob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You might want to keep those Pach grips on that Son of Sam .44 Spl. Those little guns don’t weigh much and the little factory grips they came with don’t tame the recoil very well.
Charter Arms make a rubber grove grip for these. They are pretty nice.
My Bulldog 44 spl

Attachments

• DSCF9996.JPG
    DSCF9996.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCF9997.JPG
    DSCF9997.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCF9999.JPG
    DSCF9999.JPG
    848.6 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts