Charter Arms ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
So what kind of saddist , self loathing psycho thought this design is what the company should have went with.
5 part trigger that is all loose and aligns inside the frame and the spring catches the frame . Then after I get that crap figured out with only minor cussing the charter design team I get after the cylinder release..... six parts that all have to align just right while fighting a spring and detent....... launched the special slotted offset washer into the land of the lost last night ..... ordered the small bits for that nightmare contraption last night from Numrich and will clean my room thoroughly to look for it today. I assume that I will not find the part until after the parts I ordered show up....
Charter arms can kiss my hairy buttocks.... 🤣

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those 3 part ‘sandwich’ frames can be a real joy…
Watch some YT vids.
I have watched several and kind of chuckled at the wording used by the folks making the video.... One of the videos the guy actually said " I am not touching the cylinder release, last time I lost some parts" :rotflmao: Should have clued me in but.... I may be hardheaded. 😎

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use to work on those things (and a few others) inside a large, clear plastic bag. Still lost a spring or two when the tiny mothers zipped out the opening instead of hitting all the sides that were covered. :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So , whining aside I have shot the gun and it is accurate , though I do need to get back into DA form because I have not been shooting near enough lately with all the other stuff I have been messing with.
20230202_154403.jpg

In this pic you can see right at my thumb knuckle where the crown has been dropped. Just about to have it cut out.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I got the part I lost to the never never and took a wood clamp and lashed the frame to the table . 2 attempts and bang. It is back together and assembled. I have some show grips and the T-grips to install to see how this thing handles with the small grips . The show Pachmyers are really nice in the hand so we shall see LOL. I like the smaller show grips for carry on the 38 but thinking the handling may be lacking with the 44sp.
Any you folks have show grips on your 44sp?
20230204_172742.jpg
20230204_172809.jpg

Stole the t-grips off of my Chiefs special and tried these on.... answered my own questions . To much gun hanging off the front so feels really unnatural.... Still want wood shoes for this so back to the search.
On another note , now I need another revolver for the wood shoes I have :rubhands:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom