• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy cheap 22 rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First thing first... I just moved to Oklahoma from California and I know I'll catch flak for it. That being said I'd like to buy 22lr rifle or trade off my pellet guns for one since I've never owned a gun and would like to change that.... it cant go over 200 since I'm on a budget, thank you for reading this post
2019-09-08 03.04.16.jpg
2019-09-08 03.06.26.jpg

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Go by the local Atwoods and see if they have a Smith & Wesson 15-22, if so put 25% or better down and take the calculator to it to find your weekly / byweekly payment.. On a budget, you'll like Atwoods layaway.. Now go up to intros and tell us what brought your 21 yo butt here..

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Welcome to the land of the free! Glad to see you escaped. Ok joking aside a 15-22 is good, but a marlin model 60 is better (and cheaper) and a ruger 10-22 is the best on your budget . At 200 +/- depending on where you get it from it is ultra reliable, not picky when it comes to ammo selection, and is customizable to your hearts content. If cheap plinking is where you want to start you can get a mossberg plinkster for around 100$, but holding out for the ruger is genuinely your best bet in my opinion.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Keep the air guns for the backyard, I know, I know, not legal and all to shoot in city limits and stuff. I shoot a lot of air gun in the backyard for trigger time. My neighbors are cool with it and even join me occasionally.
Like mentioned above, the Ruger 10/22 and marlin 60 are great choices. Atwood’s and pawn shops have layaway. Welcome aboard

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I did a search at Atwoods website and could only get a bb gun to come up.. SAD..
The 15-22 is the one that will set you up for graduation to an AR..

Last edited:

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I've got a jam-o-matic 22 but if you don't try to do mag dumps, it's good. I did a hydrodip on the stock
I'll try to find a pick. If it's your first gun, you might want to start with a bolt action. If your interested in my semi auto, I'll see if I can find a pic and send it to you. Price will shock ya....ha. Not much.

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys for the warm welcome, I looked at all the above (firearms) in a couple stores... Bill's sporting goods, Atwoods, and Bass pro shop.... there's an issue though. I have to be a resident of Oklahoma for at least 6 months from what sales associates told me (i got my Oklahoma ID two weeks ago ) but I was given the suggestion to post an ad for private sales... am I miss understanding something?

Latest posts

Top Bottom