• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy cheap 22 rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Thank you guys for the warm welcome, I looked at all the above (firearms) in a couple stores... Bill's sporting goods, Atwoods, and Bass pro shop.... there's an issue though. I have to be a resident of Oklahoma for at least 6 months from what sales associates told me (i got my Oklahoma ID two weeks ago ) but I was given the suggestion to post an ad for private sales... am I miss understanding something?
No your not missing anything we just like to give opinions on firearms and everything else for that matter. Click on steelfingers name and send him a (PM) private message and see what he's got to offer.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone here on OSA that's not glad you were able to get out of California.
EDIT: I like the Marlin Model 60.

I also like the Marlin 60. But I like the 10-22 as well. But I like a good bolt action 22 probably the most. Theres a bunch of ‘em around $200.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I have a Mossberg 702 Plinkster, a few old Marlin Model 60s, and the ex has a 10-22. Out of them all you can't beat the Mossberg 702 for $100-$150 usually. Good shooter right out of the box. You can usually get the bolt action 802 for around the same price I believe,

Also love the old Marlins. Right now Sooner State Pawn has several older Model 60s and variants for under $200. As for the 10-22, I just don't like the feel of it myself and for the price I don't find that it shoots any better than the cheaper Mossberg.

Of course everyone here will tell you my favorites are the old 1930s-1950s Savage 22 rifles. Solid shooters, but often need some repair work due to their age.

MavMatt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I saw a glenfield on armslist for $125, they are the same as the old marlin model 60, can’t beat them for $125. I’ve put a 1000 rounds through one of those.

Rollpin

Immaculata, Who Are You?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you guys for the warm welcome, I looked at all the above (firearms) in a couple stores... Bill's sporting goods, Atwoods, and Bass pro shop.... there's an issue though. I have to be a resident of Oklahoma for at least 6 months from what sales associates told me (i got my Oklahoma ID two weeks ago ) but I was given the suggestion to post an ad for private sales... am I miss understanding something?

Per bolded, that's not correct. If you have established residency, and have a state issued ID, you are a resident for the purposes of purchasing a firearm from an FFL , and this includes for purposes of a concealed carry license/ OKSDA license (https://osbi.ok.gov/handgun-licensing/faq).

If I'm wrong, I'd love for someone to point me to the regulation.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Per bolded, that's not correct. If you have established residency, and have a state issued ID, you are a resident for the purposes of purchasing a firearm from an FFL , and this includes for purposes of a concealed carry license/ OKSDA license (https://osbi.ok.gov/handgun-licensing/faq).

If I'm wrong, I'd love for someone to point me to the regulation.
This is also my understanding. I know I bought a rifle within a couple weeks of moving here from another state (wasn't Cali). This was after I got my OK drivers License.

Rollpin

Immaculata, Who Are You?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is also my understanding. I know I bought a rifle within a couple weeks of moving here from another state (wasn't Cali). This was after I got my OK drivers License.

Only thing I can find on 6 months of residency is for hunting licenses. Specifically for lifetime, senior, and 5 year licenses.

For a regular license to hunt, it's 60 days.

Can't find anything for such requirements for merely purchasing a gun.

That said, I say forget the gun stores. Utilize FTF while it's available. They can't try to take what they don't know you have. :)

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Only thing I can find on 6 months of residency is for hunting licenses. Specifically for lifetime, senior, and 5 year licenses.

For a regular license to hunt, it's 60 days.

Can't find anything for such requirements for merely purchasing a gun.

That said, I say forget the gun stores. Utilize FTF while it's available. They can't try to take what they don't know you have. :)
I will keep this between us but you just put it out for the whole world on the internet.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I'm a fan of the Marlin 60 also.

There was a nice stainless steel model in the classifieds here recently that was under $200 and very tempting. I used to have one just like it and wish I had never sold it but since I have a Browning SA22 that I never get to shoot I passed on the 60 SS.

I found the ad. Don't know if it is still available.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...&share_fid=60509&share_type=t&link_source=app

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom