Cheap gun safe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had 2 friends that got their 1000+ lb loaded safes stolen.
I say make a sweet hidy hole.
A false wall in a closet. Works very well and 8 foot tall you can add a 2x4 in it to make it a double decker.

Would only take 1/2 a day to build it and less than the price of a tank of gasoline.

I never worried about my kids or their friends getting my weapons.
I never worried about kid proofing my house either I went with educate the child instead.

No way to keep kids out of things if they want to satisfy their curiosity.
So satisfy it in an educational way.
Amen!

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After we lost almost every heirloom firearm we had as a kid, I would say get whatever you can afford to make it as difficult as possible for them to walk away with something. I would have loved for my son to go dove hunting with the same .410 that my grandpa, dad, and I carried as young boys in the field. No matter what you get, bolt it down somewhere as discrete as possible. No matter how heavy it is, I would still bolt it down due to the tornado factor if nothing else.

I ended up snagging a Ft. Knox safe that required several doors to be pulled off the hinges and a lot of very tight maneuvers to get to its final resting place. It weighs just shy of 2,000# empty and took a team of two about 45min to move it through the house and that was after I had already gone through the house with a cardboard model of the safe pulling doors and whatnot to make sure they had room. Their best bet will be to cut through it and I dont really own anything that would last long enough to get through the outer and inner steel layers. Once I add an oxy/acetylene torch, it will stay secured when not in use, but that isnt a concern now.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t want to lose to fire or theft what I have collected up my whole life. Bolt them down, all four corners. Drill through your floor, makes them easy to move when your ready, a hammer drill is your friend. Minimum 3/4 in concrete fasteners.
Buy once cry once!

Latest posts

Top Bottom