Cheap gun safe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMO, if you want an actual safe(sh), at a minimum you will want a Ft Knox or a Bear Safes. Anything less than that is more of a residential security locker. There is a nice used Ft Knox Defender 6637 on Armslist for $3500. I would think if you double your budget you will be able to get a really nice used heavy duty safe(sh).

Not affiliated in any way
https://www.armslist.com/posts/1395...lahoma-gun-safes-for-sale--fort-knox-defender

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMO, if you want an actual safe(sh), at a minimum you will want a Ft Knox or a Bear Safes. Anything less than that is more of a residential security locker. There is a nice used Ft Knox Defender 6637 on Armslist for $3500. I would think if you double your budget you will be able to get a really nice used heavy duty safe(sh).

Not affiliated in any way
https://www.armslist.com/posts/1395...lahoma-gun-safes-for-sale--fort-knox-defender
I 2nd this advice. Bought a Bear about 10 years ago and have no regrets. Last time I looked the Bear I bought could be had for $2500.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many firearms are you wanting to secure?

Keep in mind scoped rifles take up the space of 2 rifles.

Short of spending 5 figures, you will be buying a metal box with a layer or two of drywall, thats your fire resistance, with a expandable heat seal.
This metal box, can be defeated several ways, portable power tools can easily cut a hole in the side or even the top off, if not bolted down the metal box can be carted off or knocked on its back and pried open.

The goal is to make it a deterrent for your average smash a window, get in, grab what they can then bail thief, like the ones that hit my house in june 2018, hope they burn in hell.

A closet is a great place for several reasons.

1: out of sight, out of mind. No visitor is going to see it unless you show it to them.

2: confined space, means more difficulty in trying to break into it.

As others have mentioned tractor supply normally has good sales, better than orschlens IMO. I bought the cannon I have from tractor supply on sale for $500, its a 48 gun.
It does what I need it to, its heavy pig, thats moved to the most awkward place I could get it into, bolted to a slab floor, then bolted to the exterior wall studs thru the back.

Someone wants it bad enough they will have to work for it, and I hope it falls on top of them and they suffocate to death while struggling to get out from under that heavy pig crammed into that tight space.

Anyway good luck in your search.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a used Browning several years ago, it's in my garage setting on hockey pucks to keep it off the concrete. Don't recall what I paid, but I was happy to get it for what I did.
Was always curious if you could actually move a safe with PVC. You can, I had some help from my wife and my 2 yr old grand daughter but worked like a charm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom