Cheap knives you actually like

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redmule454

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been carrying Kershaw Ken Onion Blackout 1550ST Folding Pocket Knife - K225 for several years and really like it. My only problem is the pocket clip tends to snag on shirts and gets jerked out of my pocket. I have lost 2 over the years. I buy them on Ebay sometimes for less than $50.

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love me some of those el cheapo Old Hickory kitchen knives. I call em my Ole Hicks. Things are not the hardest and get diabolical sharp. Few licks on a Washita Arkansas stone and they are rocking again lickety split and I dont have to stop what I am doing and spend half a day sharpening.
I used to skin a lot of fur and I have some pretty expensive knives, But for some reason I always grabbed an Ole Hick boning knife and went to town in the fur shed.

I also find my old cheapo beech handle Rapala fillet knives always ended up in kitchen duty for some reason by the women in my family. Girls seem to love them. I just finally gave up and just bought another set of 4, 6 and 9" to stay in there so they would leave my fishing knives alone and I could find em.

And I gotta mention the little red handle Mora knives, Handy Dandy little cheapo things to keep around the shop.

Last edited:

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought one of those kershaw dwo knives back in the 80's and it claims suck status.

The blade seems turd soft! Still have it!

Had one of those gerber bmf knives, and the blade on it was turd soft! Sold it to a new sucker on evilbay!

Had a usa made oldtimer that was one of those 3 blade jobs, was a present from my brother.

That one held a edge great, but it found a hole in my pocket years ago and disappeared ☹️

For about 20 years now been carrying a buck Mayo tnt it was not cheap, but been a great knife! Getting cheaper with each additional year of service now!

The s30 blade holds a edge great!
69F8DA41-B256-4433-80F4-4403E72F11BF.jpeg

Gutted a few deer with it, one of which was a roadkill out front of the plant I was working at!

4am gut job, out on the back concrete pad.

Came walking up into the plant holding my knife and blood up to my elbows to wash up in the tool room sink!

Lol, no one said a word!

😁

Have a buck 102, it seemed cheap when I bought it!

The 102 is a great knife!

Have a few swiss army knives I keep here and there, their blades seem good quality!

Hard to beat a usa made buck or the swiss made swiss army knives.

Last edited:

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to have a Buck Crosslock that I loved. Lost it one day and haven't really found another replacement I like. I've tried cheap to expensive ones and just can't find a good drop point anymore.
1645078562821.png

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most cheap knives use 440A blade steel, nothing really wrong with 440A it is what it is.

My problem with cheap knives are the locks, some are okay, some aren't so okay.

I prefer a higher carbon blade steel and locks I can trust, I value my fingers.
Back in the bad boy days before knives had the locks when open, a buddy was at an after hours party in Tulsa. LEO raided them and he got out through the back door. Totally smashed, he decided to get back at the LEO and tried to stick the sidewalls of the vehicles. His knife folded back onto his fingers almost losing two, but he got them "repaired" at the ER.

Latest posts

Top Bottom