Cheap knives you actually like

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought this one Jan 2021. It’s been nice and if I lose it, I haven’t given away a $100-300 knife to someone I don’t know.

Ontario Knife OKC Rat Ii Sp-Black... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BBPAOCW?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

For fixed blades for fishing or the tool box, I’ve been picking up the little Mora Knives (Morakniven) on Amazon when they go on sale for $8-10. With a hard plastic sheath, really hard to beat. If you’re a gadget or prepper, you ought to check these out and consider adding them to your stash.

ForsakenConservative

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
B958D248-638C-4BB3-89CB-D5E500D4035E.jpeg

Bought this Khyber 1606 with paper route earnings 40 years ago (I couldn’t afford the Buck). Still works….

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Absolutely! EDC is a Gerber Paraframe that holds an edge pretty well but also easy to touch up. Field dressed many elk with a Gerber Gator fixed blade with gut hook.

Recently acquired a SOG Trident that may be my EDC when working or hunting around our property.
They have some nice deals at Sam's Club on sets of Gerber Knives and at Lowes. I have a gerber multitool which has gotten really abused. The knife has held it's blade and the tool still works well. My go to EDC has been a Kershaw, can't bring my self to spring for a Benchmade. I like the Paraframe and SOG Slim Jim and Twitch. S& W has some pretty cheap knives too. However I have found after the first sharpening they do not seem to hold an edge well.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I bought a Gerber and a S&W when I bought my first Kershaw Blur. The Blur is a much better knife than both of those similar priced knives are. I gave the S&W away but I would be embarrassed to give away the Gerber.:D

I know they make many different knives but I was disappointed because I remember Gerber being a quality knife when I was young.

I hurriedly purchased two knives on sale while leaving a gun store a year or so ago that I don't care for but at $19 each it isn't a great loss. One is a Boker and I can't remember the other but neither will ever come close to replacing my Blur.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
🙂 How is this for a cheap knife!

Got this letter in the mail!
CD83B57F-02C9-4AE4-A615-EAA359EB3C1D.jpeg

Called my local dealer and told them about the letter.

I also told them that I did not want to waste their time, because I was not in the market for anything, but I really wanted the knife!

They took care of it!

611FAA07-775C-4884-897A-49FD34A47F5F.jpeg

133E3477-113C-4EFC-9A58-3D1DEA4801CF.jpeg

I have not used it yet!

But cant beat free!

Note: postage was only $1.56 in 2011

Funny, I just noticed the shiping label was printed Feb 18, 2011 🙂

Last edited:

ForsakenConservative

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
🙂 How is this for a cheap knife!

Got this letter in the mail!
View attachment 254035

Called my local dealer and told them about the letter.

I also told them that I did not want to waste their time, because I was not in the market for anything, but I really wanted the knife!

They took care of it!

View attachment 254034

View attachment 254036

I have not used it yet!

But cant beat free!

Note: postage was only $1.56 in 2011

Funny, I just noticed the shiping lable was printed Feb 18, 2011 🙂
I’ll give ya $2!!!!!!

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like my Kershaw Cryo and Cryo 2 as budget blades. Speed assist and good lock up.
I have a 1555TI that I like a lot, but it snapped the SpeedSafe torsion bar a couple of days ago. Kershaw says they'll send me a replacement for free, so I guess I'll be testing that promise. I hope they're true to their word, as I really like that knife.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered 3 Lightning Elite OFT autos before Christmas two for my boys and one for myself. They were 20.00 on sale. I was super surprised and so were they we love them they are like tanks and fun to play with. 35.00 normal price I think.

Latest posts

Top Bottom