Check your lugnuts and post lift torque specs...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn’t catch it when I watched the video the first dozen times, but someone else noticed that it was likely a wheel bearing failure. If you watch closely, you can see the brake rotor is still attached to the wheel. Makes you wonder if that wasn’t making some noise for awhile before the wheel came loose.

210281BD-EB82-4D0E-BB4C-9F0EF1B679AF.jpeg

On a semi-relates note; I was pretty young when having wheels that stuck out way past the fenders was the cool thing that everyone had on their trucks. My dad told that wasn’t a good idea and would cause the wheel bearings to fail in a short amount of time.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stood & watched guy supposed to be rotating my tires at Hibdons take all 4 tires off. Then put them right back on where he had just taken them off . The guy who wrote up the order would do nothing. not even point me to a manger.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
^^^ Yeah you can definitely see the rotor still attached.

The bearing/hub assembly failed. It may have had a LOT of miles on it. We used to repack front wheel bearings every 30,000 miles or so, it was routine maintenance. Now they're sealed, you run it til they make noise, or in this case perhaps catastrophically.

I'll betcha a buck the authorities did, or should have, impounded that pickup to see if possible owner neglect, not maintaining the vehicle.

Last edited:

cboss

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So you were the Sales Manager ? :laugh6:

Sorry I mean you no disrespect but I just couldn't resist myself.
Would have made more money, but I've learned I'm not the sales type. Basically, I was the lube tech that had the highest customer service ratings, so I trained all the new guys and did a lot of the things other guys weren't comfortable doing, like drilling out oil pans for oversized drain plugs

Latest posts

Top Bottom