Cheeseburgers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll say it again. If you want good beef and to help out a kid at the same time, contact your local school ag teacher and see if there are any kids that have show steers they don’t want after show season.
My brother and I have been splitting my niece’s steers for a few years, but now that my nephew is showing too, I’m buying his whole steer and will split it with my kids or in-laws.

Like everything else, the price of cattle, feed, and processing have gone up, but what we‘re getting is better and still much cheaper than what you can buy at the grocery store.

Amen to that. I couldn't tell you the last time I bought beef at the store. I buy pork and chicken there, but I purchase a half a beef from my local slaughterhouse about twice a year.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Amen to that. I couldn't tell you the last time I bought beef at the store. I buy pork and chicken there, but I purchase a half a beef from my local slaughterhouse about twice a year.
A friend of mine raises black angus, and I split a 1/2 with another friend. Great tasting, raised locally, and I know how the beef was raised. I was pleasantly surprised when I found out there would be no price increase from last year’s price.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly! We'll be driving to CO for a grass fed angus steer in June. Was supposed to have been this past December but couldn't get on a butcher's schedule until 6 months later. We visit with friends when going back to pickup the beef so not going there just for the meat. $4/lb has been the past rates. We'll see if this year is much higher. The steer will be bigger since feeding longer.

We also buy more pork now. Some good deals on chops these days!

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend of mine raises black angus, and I split a 1/2 with another friend. Great tasting, raised locally, and I know how the beef was raised. I was pleasantly surprised when I found out there would be no price increase from last year’s price.

I hope not. I just bought a half back in September. I'm good until about April or May. Oh, by the way...all this cheeseburger reminds me of...

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you buy your pork in the store or from a slaughterhouse?
Winco in Moore. No connections on a farm raised pig but would be more than willing to split one with someone. Baby back ribs were $3.58/lb as were bone in center cut chops. They have boneless chops on sale sometimes under $3/lb.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love Winco stores. Best grocery store I've ever been to. There was one in Lewiston, ID that was just awesome. Moore's a ways away but I think we'll hit up the Winco next time we're over there.
There's one in Moore, MWC and NW 39th. Employee owned and can honestly see the difference in attitude. Plus, get this, if the checkout lines get too long....wait for it......they'll add another checker until the lines get down. Last time I was in a manager did my check out. I thanked her for stepping in and she looked at me like "why wouldn't I?". Replied back You're welcome and hope to see you again soon!

They also have Founders All Day IPA 15 pack for around $15 which is a great deal for beer consumers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom