Cheeseburgers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
4rr5eb-1.jpg

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're buying stuff, chicken is the item to stock right now.
It's twice what it was a few months ago, but down from a month ago if that makes sense. Buy in bulk. I was able to get two forty pound cases of chicken quarters for 44 dollars out the door. They are about 40 dollars a case now. I generally buy steaks and briskets on sale too, but prices have gotten much higher. I saw tomohawks at the store for 27 bucks each (give or take). They're in the freezer now. Wife was a butcher, so we know how to work the freshness date thing too. Buy the "expired" meat and stick it in the freezer.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ll say it again. If you want good beef and to help out a kid at the same time, contact your local school ag teacher and see if there are any kids that have show steers they don’t want after show season.
My brother and I have been splitting my niece’s steers for a few years, but now that my nephew is showing too, I’m buying his whole steer and will split it with my kids or in-laws.

Like everything else, the price of cattle, feed, and processing have gone up, but what we‘re getting is better and still much cheaper than what you can buy at the grocery store.

Latest posts

Top Bottom