CHenry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Calling people F-ing stupid and cussing them out for different views is not "pushing buttons" it is childish...... On occasion he was funny , but on occasion he was just a **** . The mods did zero cancel culture on him , in fact they tried hard to get him to quit the crappy behavior and he played the numbers game with the warnings/ban rules until someone got their belly full and perm banned him. You guys do not see the reports we get on folks constantly for rules violations and with Clay it was daily..... in fact when he was on a role it was several times a day..................... Again , why should we subject our selves to that behavior?
Oh please. Take a look at half the trolls on this website now. All the bleeding heart, price gouger a from Armslist that have come over here. They would argue with a brick. Most make condescending, snide, arrogant comments to anyone they don’t agree with. God forbid anyone have their own opinion about anything over here. Then don’t even try to tell me the name calling doesn’t begin with them. Wether it is outright or on the sly, it exists. I thought Mods were supposed to remain neutral towards members? Your bias towards and obvious dislike of the man are shining through quite nicely right now.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Simple enough to ignore someone. What is this, Twitter? We skirmished from time to time but like most members he was a nice guy in person. I’d like to see him back.
I had a great conversation with him one time AWAY from osa. He was a cool cat! There are some folks that get behind a keyboard and excel at being a pain in the neck. But…. Again….. he was a funny pain in the neck.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Mods do not have the ignore option.....
That’s a shame. Sticks and stones….. Must be a high paying position to put up with all that mental anguish. I know Chase crossed the line and at some point a call was made to ban him. I’ve heard before from a mod that it was automatic by the forum software. I’ve been mad at him a bunch of times. Kind of added a bit of spice to the forum though. Seems people are too easily offended these days.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Oh please. Take a look at half the trolls on this website now. All the bleeding heart, price gouger a from Armslist that have come over here. They would argue with a brick. Most make condescending, snide, arrogant comments to anyone they don’t agree with. God forbid anyone have their own opinion about anything over here. Then don’t even try to tell me the name calling doesn’t begin with them. Wether it is outright or on the sly, it exists. I thought Mods were supposed to remain neutral towards members? Your bias towards and obvious dislike of the man are shining through quite nicely right now.
My "bias" is why I removed myself from any dealings with Clay. I did not respond to reports or take part in his threads . He got himself banned for his behavior with out my" bias" against him. I knew I had a problem with his behavior so I stayed clear and let the other mods know I would not have dealings with Clay when I agreed to become a mod . Does not change the fact that he constantly pushed the rules with multiple warnings and temp bans and then got the boot for "his " bad conduct. Again I ask why should the mods subject themselves to his bad behavior again.... The mods try to be even keeled and fair and the only perm ban I have seen on here of a actual active member who was not a scammer or obvious troll was Clay.... He brought that ban on himself after several years of playing the system.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My "bias" is why I removed myself from any dealings with Clay. I did not respond to reports or take part in his threads . He got himself banned for his behavior with out my" bias" against him. I knew I had a problem with his behavior so I stayed clear and let the other mods know I would not have dealings with Clay when I agreed to become a mod . Does not change the fact that he constantly pushed the rules with multiple warnings and temp bans and then got the boot for "his " bad conduct. Again I ask why should the mods subject themselves to his bad behavior again.... The mods try to be even keeled and fair and the only perm ban I have seen on here of a actual active member who was not a scammer or obvious troll was Clay.... He brought that ban on himself after several years of playing the system.

Enough said. I’m satisfied. Leave the ban in place. No one need be subjected to anyone that’s an asshat just to be an asshat.

Close this thread. Leave the ban in place, and let’s get on to other stuff. There’s plenty going on out there.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
That’s a shame. Sticks and stones….. Must be a high paying position to put up with all that mental anguish. I know Chase crossed the line and at some point a call was made to ban him. I’ve heard before from a mod that it was automatic by the forum software. I’ve been mad at him a bunch of times. Kind of added a bit of spice to the forum though. Seems people are too easily offended these days.
I agree that some are to easily offended , but some folks do not know when to stop. Clay seems to be one of those. I do not know if the ban was an auto ban or if one of the mods did it, I do know that there was a lot of conversations back and forth about him. He was like Gemini or something, one day he was helpful and sharing knowledge and the next he was double birds to the world......

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dude pushed constantly, just to see how far he could go . I removed myself from whatever consequences he received when I became a mod do to my bur in the saddle when it came to him and I watched the other admins wrestle with banning him or giving him another chance. He bludgeoned them to the point of ban and way beyond....
The mods gave him multiple chances and he could not get out of his own way.
We are not baby sitters , why would we subject ourselves to that **** show again? Please share why the folks who do this on a voluntary basis should allow somebody back on who completely ignores the basic rules set in place to provide a civil place to share knowledge and experiences without a barrage of flak and full on ******** .
Everyone has bad days and I get that and it should not be held against them . But CHenry chose to be a **** constantly .
Why should we allow that ?

As a moderator on another MUCH MUCH larger board than OKShooters let me see if I can help you ...

Our take is that no matter how much grief a member creates for the mods that there needs to be a scale much like the ugly sane chick/crazy hot chick matrix (you guys know the one). If Clay (I'm not making any judgements here -- I found him to be much less abrasive in person than in print, just so you know) has topped out at "crazy hot chick" or promoted illegal activities, or been a problem in the buy/sell ads, then he has earned a permaban. If not, then, well he's not any worse than the few who are STILL here and STILL stir the pot just because they like watching the spoon cut thru the swirl they started in the middle of the pot. 🤷🤷

I'd let him back in when his ban expires. If he even remembers we are here. Long-term bans on SB tend to be the ones that make or break them. Gives them some time to really consider if they want to be associated with the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom