Chicago PD Hosts Buyback, Pledges to Destroy Every Firearm They Receive

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When my grandfather passed away like 40 years ago, he had a .22 pistol kept in a black sock in the closet. I got it because thought cool and wasn't familiar with firearms at the time but even then would've been scared to shoot it. ONLY reason it has been kept would be for something like this - get $100 gift card for a $5 pistol! Granted, don't think it will EVER happen here in OK but keeping it anyways.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seattle did this a few years ago and people lined the streets and paid people more than the $100 Walmart gift card that the police were offering.

Another bad thing about this I bet there will be some nice valuable guns turned in.

What do you want to bet that said nice valuable guns wind up ‘destroyed’ in some bureaucrat’s or cop’s personal gun collection?

Last edited:

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They will install Michelle Obama before they would Hillary.

Gang Bangers will give you $125

What do you want to bet that said nice valuable guns wind up ‘destroyed’ in some bureaucrat’s or cop’s personal gun collection?

Well Well...Let's read this....

A Cook County judge turned a gun in to Chicago police as part of a buyback program 13 years ago. The gun mysteriously turned up eight years later next to the body of a young man shot to death by a Cicero police officer. Cicero officials are now poised to write a $3.5 million settlement check to members of the dead man’s family.

A Cook County judge in domestic relations cases, Boyd expected the weapon to be inventoried and destroyed like thousands of others over the years. He was wrong.

Instead, the gun mysteriously turned up eight years later next to the body of a young man shot to death by a Cicero police officer. The cop – with a history of discipline problems – is now off the force collecting a disability pension because of post-traumatic stress from the incident.

https://www.bettergov.org/news/jour...rom-chicago-buyback-to-cicero-police-shooting

AND....

Jean Jones, 64, unwrapped her handgun delicately from a towel she pulled out of a large brown purse. It was her late husband's weapon, and she had never handled it before.

"That's a killer right there. That small gun," said Chicago Police Sgt. Kevin Johnson, a member of the citywide Anti-Gun Enforcement Team. "It's a North American Arms .22 caliber," Johnson said. "That bullet is so small it will bounce. It will travel and you'll have internal bleeding going throughout your body."

PLUS....Some CLOWN SHOW......

"I never knew how to use that. Oh my God the safety didn't even work," Jones said. "I would have never used that."

Jones winced as Officer Sean Hayes, an instructor at the Chicago Police Academy, tried to unlodge bullets from the gun. The .22 caliber bullets were jammed inside. He even tried using a hammer to remove them, but couldn't.

The gun was one of more than 5,500 weapons — including several large, military-grade machine guns — replicas and BB guns turned in at the city's annual gun buy-back program. Many of the weapons were older. Some bullets brought in were in a decades-old pharmacy bottle. Another gun was an antique, made in 1927 and possibly worth a lot of money. Those handing over working weapons were given a $100 MasterCard gift card

https://www.police1.com/community-p...n-buyback-nets-5500-weapons-roFg5pdYKV73Fbcu/

\

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom