Chicago Style Pizza OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Headed up to The City tomorrow and thought the wife and I could grab a good pizza. One of the few things I miss is a good deep dish pie. Been eating at the same place owned by a family that moved from Chicago since 1977 and have yet to find a replacement out here. Lawton????? There’s nothing here so if you guys could point me and the Mrs in a direction that would be great. I know we had a thread going for Tulsa on the same subject but didn’t see any references to the OKC area.
Much Thanks.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's nothing man. Old Chicago was the closest we had but they closed their I240 location some time ago.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
i honestly can't think of anywhere. most of the pizza places in OKC are all halal now, and while good, not sure any of them offer a deep dish option. pretty sure they are all the same owner anyway, Pizza House, Pizza Land, Pizza Zone, pppppreeeetty sure it's the same owners. if not, it's one of those "our government will literally pay and give you the things to start a kit restaurant" because the menus are the same, both inside the store itself and the print ones.

That being said, i think it was Pizza *Land* that used to have the Thai Curry pizza and hoooooly moley was it amazing. don't think they offer it anymore.

but for deep dish? i googled and this place in edmond at least *has it on the menu*.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/woodward-pizza-edmond?osq=chicago+deep+dish+pizza
it's not deep dish, but the best pizza in okc is most likey hideaway. you could try somewhere like Empire Slice, i think Sauced is still closed. Sauced has my favorite pizza in OKC, the Green Lantern with sliced pears (holy CRAP it's good), but the Foghorn Leghorn or the Uncle Buck from Empire Slice House is pretty dang good.

https://www.empireslicepizza.com/locations-menus/downtown-okc/menu-plaza/

V98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The place you were looking for is gone. Sophabella’s on May was the one and only true Chicago style pizza joint in the City.

My favorite eat in pizza is Papa Angelo’s in Bethany. New York guy with an attitude and an open carry pistol. Feels like I’m in an episode of The Sopranos whenever I eat there.
https://papaangelospizza.com/

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now that’s just sad. 😢
This year, before my daughter moved to the Memphis area I visited her in CA and brought back three pizzas from my favorite spot, Tony’s Little Italy in Placentia. I doubt I’ll ever go back there again so these will be the last. Have one left I’m saving for a special day and once it’s gone?? 😭😭😭
Thought about asking one of their delivery guys if he’d package two or three in dry ice and overnight ship them for $100. With nothing in The City sounds like I may need to work on that. There’s a chain place in Wichita Falls, Chicago Pizza Kitchen that isn’t bad but it’s not the same. With Tony’s two slices and you’re loosening your belt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom