Chicago Style Pizza OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
like i said, i like some of the halal places in okc, but some are hit and miss. Pizza House makes a BIG pizza, their extra large is in a box so big it won't fit in yer fridge and the delivery man has to turn it caddywhompus to get it in your door.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try making your own.

Pretty much every Sat night we have homemade pizza, including the dough and the sauce. It takes about an hour for the dough to rise, then roll it out. Put whatever you want on it at that point, we grind up provolone and cut up whatever veggies we want. We strictly use provolone. I'll cook a pound of sausage and then freeze it in portions for the pizza, makes it easier that way.

We bake ours at 425 and I slide it off the pan onto the rack for the last 5 min or so. I will say, we have thin crust pizza, but you should be able to get to deep dish with the right pans/tools.

Other pizza when we don't have time or are traveling fills the need, nothing around that's special or as good though.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try making your own.

Pretty much every Sat night we have homemade pizza, including the dough and the sauce. It takes about an hour for the dough to rise, then roll it out. Put whatever you want on it at that point, we grind up provolone and cut up whatever veggies we want. We strictly use provolone. I'll cook a pound of sausage and then freeze it in portions for the pizza, makes it easier that way.

We bake ours at 425 and I slide it off the pan onto the rack for the last 5 min or so. I will say, we have thin crust pizza, but you should be able to get to deep dish with the right pans/tools.

Other pizza when we don't have time or are traveling fills the need, nothing around that's special or as good though.
Granted, completely depends on the kind of crust you are going for… Sometime try a recipe with less yeast and longer fermentation (overnight). Unbleached high gluten or bread flower is a must too. Try them side by side since your normal dough takes you what, an hour and a half or so.

Play with pizza stones in a regular oven and as hot as it will go, and making you own mozzarella at some point too.

I need to get back into pizza making. I used to make pizza dough in very large quantities in the late 90s. I’m getting the urge again a little over 20 years later. A sour dough will take 4 days, maybe 3 depending on how warm it is, without keeping a starter going.

Latest posts

Top Bottom