Chicken fest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Once again a whole lot of chicken put up this weekend.. These broilers were hatched here and would be 12 weeks on the 22nd.. They were chock full of fat cells, this is going to be some good stuff.. I only weighed 2 dressed roosters 5lbs2 ozs 4lbs 13 ozs.. Most of it was parted out and only the smallest hens saved whole.. We also saved back 4 pullets for the flock.. After they got low in number they were hard to get out of the tractor so I let them out and free.. Then my tired a$$ had to chase them down and the pup wasn't any help..
20210619_172229.jpg
20210619_133328.jpg
20210619_094723.jpg

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got that same plucker. I did some modifications to mine so I can turn it off and on without bending over. I put some rubber trim molding on the bottom of the tub to help keep the water inside.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then my tired a$$ had to chase them down and the pup wasn't any help..

I can tell you two things. You are used to typing on your cell phone and use the two period tap to insert a period and space and set the next word as a capital at the end of a sentence.

And you need a chicken hook.

7895.jpg

Last edited:

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you looked at kune kune pigs. I've thought about getting some but haven't pursued yet.
Last year my wife and daughters asked if they could get a pig. I said we should think and discuss on it. I came home that evening and I think they had two or three pigs. A few days later they had bought a couple more. See they test the waters first. Then based on my reaction they test further. Long story short, they have 4 sows and a boar. About a month ago two of the sows had piglets. I think the current head count is 14. They are American Guinea Hogs. They’ve got a pen that is made out of electric poultry netting that they move around. It’s probably 40-50 foot diameter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom