Chigger has discovered Aerosmith...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 12 year old daughter Chigger (her real name is D.J.) came up to me and said, "hey dad...have you heard this new song?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txlXcJDtDwM

Trying to keep a straight face, I replied that I had heard it...many, many years ago. She said, "uh...wha? Isn't this a new song?" :scratch:

I proceeded to tell her that the very first time I heard it, I was about her age...probably a year or two younger in fact. I think it was 1977...give or take.

It's funny how one of my very favorite memories of discovering music revolves around the same genre as hers. Oh sure, she still listens to that gangsta, ghetto, jungle **** that she and her buddies call "music" but since I introduced her to some Boston, REO Speedwagon, Queen, Journey, Kansas and Styx, just to name a few, her range of music has certainly broadened (is that a word? :anyone:) and for the better.

Next week I'll be on vacation. I'll play some of my favorite 80's glam metal for her then. You know...Motley Crue, Ratt, Poison, Dokken, Ozzy, Judas Priest and a host of others. :mosh:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like rock & roll, but Aerosmith is teh suck.

I like a lot of their stuff. To say I'm a BIG fan? Well...I wouldn't go that far.

To say, would I rather my daughter listen to them than that ******** she listens to now? Oh HELL yes! :woohoo1:

She likes all that gangsta rap crap. Gives me a headache, I tell ya. :pissed:

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get her off the hairspray now! What that kid needs is RUSh!!! Yep, only RUSh can save her now. I'd like to suggest starting with Hemispheres. Great album.

Aerosmith only leads to alcoholism, hairspray, and ultimately... cross-dressing. Nope.

If she needs more punch, you can't go wrong with Iron Maiden!

For God's sake, she's just a kid! Save her now! FWIW, my 8 year old and 17 year old boys are both Maiden and Rush fans, and both think Steven Tyler is a freak. I have done my job.

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Aerosmith is ok, but what that kid needs is a good shot of Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Robin Trower and Montrose. Then follow that up with ZZ Top and Lynryd Skynyrd.

Latest posts

Top Bottom