Children ask WHY?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My grandson. 3 years old.
He gets to play here with papa.
A little bit ago he wanted to climb up on a banister and was reaching up high and trying to pull up onto it.
Not strong enough. He said I want up there.

I said get it on, get on up there but when you fall down on the tile and crack your head I am going to laugh.
He let go and backed away and said OH! And walked away.
Then the wife chimed in and said: It's not safe to climb up there is what grandpa should have said.

Yea I thought........ If I said that he would ask me WHY?
I just went past the it's not safe part or the NO get away from there part and explained what could happen.

Much more educational.

I'm educating the boy.

We were outside earlier and I showed him how to set a foot hold trap and trip it with a long stick .
Yes he got the full verbal education about busted fingers etc etc.
Grandma was inside.
:)

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got 6 likes on my comment, yet you got no additional comments. So I'll make another. Jeff, iirc, make darn sure you show him how to prepare road kill. This world is heading in such a direction that every food scrap is going to be important. Teach him how to fight , teach him pride and be sure he knows, everything matters. God bless his young soul.. His world will not be what poppas was.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If we are cooking he is right there helping standing on a chair.
I taught him how to unlock all the doors in the house when he began walking and talking.

Showed him how to drag a chair over to the door and get up on it and unlock the locks.
His mommy was not happy.
Told her do not bring him over here unless you want him to learn things.

Waiting for him to come down stairs and we will go out and check the foot hold traps we set and baited last night.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The question my wife and I ask ourselves real quick before stepping in, is this a learning opportunity or a life changing/ending opportunity…

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Much to D-i-L chagrin, every grandson received one of my pocket knives on his 9th birthday. It came with strict instructions it was NEVER to be carried to school, if they cut somebody, it was mine forever. Cut yourself and I will laugh.

We had gone fishing, oldest (the only one over 9, at the time) needed to cut bait. He asked for my knife. I asked where his was. He said Mom took it. I about lost it. Son said he would fix it.
Anytime we go fishing, hunting, or out; I ask if they have a knife? Never received a No.
Granddaughters asked why they didn't get a knife? They got theirs.

Youngest of 12 grandkids is 10, be awhile waiting on 2 Great-grands to reach 9. Both girls.
😆

Teach em young
Teach em right

Latest posts

Top Bottom