China buying land in the US

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heard something on the Shawnee radio station today about one of our OK reps bringing a bill up that would have to show where the money was coming from on property purchases, didn't get the whole story but sounded like it was addressing this.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
My biggest concern with all this is that these schmucks are driving up property prices. I really really want to buy 20-40 acres here in about 2 years. I worry that by the time I’m ready to purchase, the price will have doubled.

nic6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My biggest concern with all this is that these schmucks are driving up property prices. I really really want to buy 20-40 acres here in about 2 years. I worry that by the time I’m ready to purchase, the price will have doubled.

I would have loved to buy bitcoin when it was cheap. A wise man said God isn't making more land, invest wisely. Same could be said for ammo.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep hearing about how China is buying US land even here in Oklahoma. I don’t doubt this, however, I kinda want to look into this myself. Any ideas on how? Are there known shelll companies used in this process? I can’t imagine I’ll find results by going to the assessors page and looking for “people’s republic of China” in the owner search.

IIRC china purchased Chesapeake energy 2016 and what ever went with it major big $$.. Neighbor is vp of a bank and its seen that china is laying down $$ for land.. MJ industry is "said" to be why, but they're snatching an opportunity some fool gave them.. Get enough land rights and they can export food and maybe water.. It's a hungry thirsty nation..

Last edited:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love to see links to articles that confirm this trend...All I'm seeing is that Bill Gates is buying farm and rural land like crazy.
https://www.news9.com/story/60872e9...stioned-following-marijuana-bust-in-logan-co-
Screen snip of a piece of the news release.
Screenshot_20210426-171036_Samsung Internet.jpg

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks. Bootleggers of other nationalities does make for an interesting story. I recall reading about Russians in Missouri who were buying paddlefish eggs to export.....wealthy consumers were paying hundreds or even thousands of dollars for a snuff size can.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
The new illegal alien slave labor force. Out west they work(ed) lettuce farms... here they're doing pot farms. And probably lots more places...

Local pot shops buying illegal weed on the black market, listing it under fake invoices from "legitimate" growers and falsifying the records. Big money in passing weed that's not taxed or properly inspected/tested, and the state either doesn't care enough or have enough manpower to enforce their own laws.

I'm guessing some of both.

Everyone said, "Legalize it and tax it." Yeah... that'll stop the black market.

:hey3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom