chocolate covered bacon-state fair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

septic_shock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife and I just had to try the chocolate covered bacon at the state fair. $5 for five candy-sized pieces. Gotta say,it was pretty good. You taste the chocolate mostly, with a delayed salty endnote.

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
bacon is so amazing, and chocolate should be its own food group, but that's one Bastard child I would not want to eat! SOUNDS NASTY!!!!

Nothing could really make bacon taste better, except more bacon! :uberblast

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hunted for the choco-bacon but didn't find it until I was leaving and was too full. Oh well, I'll try it when I go back in a few days.

I did try a deep fried pizza frenchee (sandwich) and deep fried coke.

The deep fried pizza sandwich was ok, tasted like you'd expect pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperonis slapped in between two slices of Texas toast and deep fried would taste. Almost like a thick deep fried hot pocket or something.

The deep fried coke is basically chopped up funnel cake that has coke syrup in the batter as well as a little more syrup poured over the bits. It was good to try, but I won't buy it again. One cup filled me up, which isn't good considering it was a cup of sugar basically.

Here's the pic I snapped:
ai20.photobucket.com_albums_b241_fistpittingnork_deepfriedcoke.jpg

If anybody knows where the deep fried butter and the doughnut burgers can be found, please let me know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom