Choices between 22 mag lever actions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papaaday

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a choice to make. I have always been enamored with the Marlin 57m for its short throw and now have the chance to buy one in true "mint" condition from a local gunstore. Price is high, but not above what I am willing/able to pay! Dilemma is, the owner showed me a NIB Ruger 96/22M as his preferred option. Prices are close enough to remove price as an issue ($40) and now I'm torn as to which to buy! Any thoughts/experiences/etc., would be greatly apppreciated!

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get what you originally went after. Rugers are good guns, however the Marlin is what you wanted to start an d you wouldrpbably regret missing the chance to buy it later. Marlin.

Papaaday

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanx to all! Good points from Chief Sapulpa and Nineround! Wish I could get them both, but budget (and my most lovely wife) preclude buying both, at least at the moment. Still, think I've decided on the Marlin. It was my first choice, its been out of production the longest and really nice examples are much harder to find than the more recent Ruger 96/22M. Thanx for all the input!!! Lurker 66, if you want the Ruger, its at the Powderhorn, San Antonio Tx.

Latest posts

Top Bottom