Christmas music before Thanksgiving

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I’m not a fan of Christmas music at Christmas much less any other time of the year. :anyone:
grinchsmall20heart.jpg

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was a band geek in high school, and concert band started immediately after marching season ended. Our football team wasn't spectacular back then, so marching season ended no later than early November. The MINUTE after, we started in on the Christmas Concert. Same music. Every. Stinking. Year.

I hates it. On an unrelated side note, I worked retail for many years, so I hate Black Friday too. If you're standing in line outside a store at 4 a.m., reconsider your life choices. BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!

Sorry. PTSD.
I was in retail management for a short time and to be honest, I just dislike the months of November and December as a whole. The quality of humans decreases once Wal-Mart starts stocking their Christmas section. People are so focused on doing EVERYTHING except focusing on their driving, not stopping dead center in the aisles, and they get so combative over every little thing like it is the last deer in the forest and they just woke from hibernation. Add onto that the complications of playing family politics on how I get to see everyone I want to without pissing off the ones they dont get along with, it is all just a bunch of nonsense and has completely lost any of the meaningful intent behind the holidays.

To not be such a pessimist though, I do LOVE A Christmas Story this time of year. It is probably one of the few things I get excited about for this season. We sat down and watched it with my 8yo daughter for the first time this weekend and followed it up with A Christmas Story Christmas which was also pretty darn good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom