Chrony Recommendations !!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have a ProChrono Digital - has worked admirably for everything from .30-06 to BB's. Also have the remote interface to display/capture data to laptop which is sorta cool too.

Shooting product warranty: 2 year warranty against defects in material or workmanship with dated proof of purchase.

Non-warranty repair guarantee:Competition Electronics will not charge more than ½ the current retail price to repair any current model chronograph we manufacture regardless of its condition.

I mention those as my first one got winged by a .44 so I can vouch for the latter; had it back in about 10 days.

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
thanks for the recommendations guys, currently I'm looking into the prochrono...

noob question here but...... do you shoot over the sensors or through and between the posts.... :p

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The angle of the sun with respect to the sensors plays a big part in how well your session goes. The sensors detect the shadow of the bullet as it interferes with the sunlight being detected, and on cloudy days or if you have the sun at a low angle, you won't have very good results. The Pact unit I have has the infrared screens and it did very well in any light conditions, but the brains of the unit are having issues and until I can get it repaired, it sits on the shelf. It also requires a battery to power the screens.
As you enjoy your first session with what ever brand of Chronograph you get, at setup, either place your gun in a rest as it will be when shot, or get someone to hold it in position and stand behind the shooting position about 5 feet and look at the bullet path to make sure the rifle, screens and target are properly aligned. Don't forget the offset for the amount the scope is above the barrel if shooting a scoped weapon. Things might look clear through the scope and have the bore aligned with the unit. I lost a sensor on my first chronograph when a friend shot the top off of it. Fortunately, it only took a piece of lexan to replace the damaged part and it worked as good as new.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Magnetospeed and never look back. It has been proven to be as accurate as units costing 2 times as much and has less issues than most other types. I have been using mine for about 6 months now, generally it sees close to 100 rounds a month between me and my shooting partner. I have yet to have an issue. Even have the thing strapped to my barrels during load development and have seen no ill affects. Groups may change slightly, always for the better. POI will change mostly due to deflection as Bryan Litz puts it.

Best part is, I don't have to hold others up if I am at a public range / gun club in order to set it up.

I can't wait for mine to get in. Midway showed them in stock ordered one and bam backordered expected to be in stock early July I'm itching to get it and test it out.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Am fixing to send my pact Md 1 back with $100 bill for a replacement because they carry the skyscreens for it . The replacement should be the new IR screens and now the TV towers near Oil Captial won't mess with it .

OutdoorShooter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Magneto Speed V3. You just won't find a better one IMO. We manufacture commercially and it by far supersedes any other ones. One thing it does that most won't is not be affected by the light. In the V3 you have the option to attach it to your rail on your favorite pistol. It also has a great app for iOS and Android that allows you to bring all your shot data in and get reports. You can also bluetooth connect a Kestral handheld wind meter to the app and it will capture all the atmospheric conditions for your sets.. It's really a great investment and has been a great asset for our manufacturing business and load development.. Good Luck!

Latest posts

Top Bottom