Church Minister Throws fit.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have any rocks to throw, you bring up some good points. But in this day and age if I can get a person to come to church and it is a 1.5 hour long sermon, and someone text a little or nods off once in a while you would think that most of the time that the person is getting some good out of the sermon. I mainly don't agree with the public chastise, but to your point maybe he has already talked privately about it. I think I can say to Streetrats point, when he was on his "rant" he did seem desperate, and he did say he felt good after all was done. Most preachers ask God to speak through them, Jesus use me as your puppet, your mouth, speak though me. I did see the Fox News report that reported that the soon to be married couple no longer attend the church

If the sermon is more then 25 minutes long I'll get up and leave. If you can't get your message out in that time period then you've got problems as a communicator. 25 minutes is about the max attention span for the majority of congregants.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the sermon is more then 25 minutes long I'll get up and leave. If you can't get your message out in that time period then you've got problems as a communicator. 25 minutes is about the max attention span for the majority of congregants.

really? 25 minutes seems a little short to me.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but I agree.

WFT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This man has been doing this for years!!!! We don't attend this church, but have friends that do. He seems to have a hold on the congregation that's hard to explain, mostly through fear and intimidation. The sad Truth is, he's done more harm for the Kingdom of God through this latest rant than the years of service he's given.

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I'm above average. I can listen for 30 minutes.

@toehanus

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A small church is eagerly awaiting to hear their new pastor speak on Sunday morning, when the day arrives, he preaches his sermon and stands by the door as his new congregation leaves. One by one they all walk out, shake the new pastors hand and tell him what a great sermon it was and can't wait to hear what he has the next Sunday. Sunday comes back around, the pastor stands up and preaches the same message as last Sunday, one by one they walk out the door shaking the pastors hand saying they really enjoyed hearing that message again. Sunday comes back around, preaches the same message. On his way out as one of his members are walking out shaking the pastors hand says "Pastor, don't get me wrong, that's a great message, but when do we get to hear something new?" The pastor replies "When I see the church following what I'm preaching".

A pastor is a leader, I have not personnally given my pastor control over my life, but he has been leading my church for 20 years and living the christian life longer than that (I have only been there a year now), so I would have to think that he has a little more wisdom living the life than myself. I myself have been going to church since I've given my life to live for Jesus Christ for the last 23years, two churches for over 10 years each. I understand there are some pastors who might be controlling, and yes, I wish this video guy would have made referrence to God or Jesus during the 5 minutes which is getting so much publicity, but we still don't know what was said before or after. I believe Paul said plenty about confronting or correcting people in the church who aren't living for God, I'm sure there is a wrong way and right way. I think we may have way too many pastors who won't do it either way in fear of offending some people. I like going to a church that's not afraid to step on my toes, and I pray that I will always be able to learn from those times instead walking away being offended.

Edit:

This man has been doing this for years!!!! We don't attend this church, but have friends that do. He seems to have a hold on the congregation that's hard to explain, mostly through fear and intimidation. The sad Truth is, he's done more harm for the Kingdom of God through this latest rant than the years of service he's given.

Well, there it is, if this statemet is indeed true, that is sad and he should be prayed for hopefully his heart will be able to accept change, could be that this publicity could be a turning point as an answer to someones prayer.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Our Pastor preaches for around 45 minutes to an hour and then I'm not ready for him to quit. He's the best Pastor I've ever known and not a bad preacher either.

KilkennyArms

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Excellence of Love

13 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body [a]to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, 5 does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, 6 does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never fails; but if there are gifts of [c]prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part; 10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away. 11 When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I [d]became a man, I did away with childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror [e]dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known. 13 But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the [f]greatest of these is love.

I am hearing "noisy gongs and clanking symbols".

Lord Jesus have mercy on us all!

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What an absolute power-hungry a$$. It's idiots like this guy who give Christians a bad reputation.

His way or the highway? Hello, Route 66!!! Goodbye bitter, angry, hateful, narcissistic preacherman!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom