Church security team...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been wanting to do this for a long time and today I finally called a meeting of all the men of my church and presented them with my idea.

Here's the rub.

My church is very small. I'm talking a good Sunday service is less than 30 members. With ALL of the men present this morning, there were 9 of us, including the preacher. Of those 9, one of them (my son in law) is 27, another man is 39, I'm 51 and the other 6 are 60+. So I'm not sure the majority of them are up for the task.

Then there's the whole stigma about hurting their fellow man and/or taking another person's life. I responded with, "nothing scares me more than to kill another human being. But it would be better than watching a member of my church family get hurt or killed while I am unable to do anything."

Anyway, I actually received a good response from most of the men. A few of them didn't say anything. I assured them that Christ supported men who protect their own. Luke 22:36 supports this.

So. Anybody here a member of a church security team? Anything I can do to motivate these guys and be successful? Thanks in advance. :thumb:

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are discussing this now. Older members and most of the women are against putting anyone armed in place. But they are not opposed to armed security patrolling the parking lot. We are a fairly big church so I suspect it will be some time before we come to a final conclusion.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With respect, you increase your numbers if you see if any of the women want in. If they are able bodied, qualified and willing then why limit your odds?

Half the women of our church are not able bodied. The other half wouldn't dream of packing a gun to church and wouldn't make good team members.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agree with @donner above. Plus, my guess is most bad guys are gonna have their suspicions regarding the young, able bodied men...whilst us old guys, and the armed females, may just surprise them. Of course, if they are as you say...well, good luck getting it organized anyway.
untitled.png

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Once some nut comes in and does some harm it will be too late to arm any church member. I think some of your members are deceiving themselves thinking that no one wishes to do them harm, There are many who would wish to do you harm simply because of the word, "Christian" and it is a shame and disgrace on this country and politicians who differ from us.
Luke 22:36 “He said to them, “But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one.”
Why would Jesus tell the disciples earlier to take no provisions with them on their way to preach the kingdom of God and then later, tell them to take “a money bag” and likewise, “a knapsack” and even but a sword? The first time Jesus sent out the disciples, He wanted them to trust God for everything they’d need but it might have been because the first time they went to people, they hadn’t heard the gospel yet and weren’t really that hostile toward. The next time they went out, people started persecuting the messengers of the gospel and as a result, the disciples wouldn’t find shelter or food as easily and that meant that they might even need a sword to defend themselves.
20 Helpful Bible Verses About Defending Yourself

Last edited:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you even asked, or just make an assumption?

I've went to church with these same women for 30 years. The one that's married to the 40 year old has already told me how she feels about guns and my oldest daughter would carry if I asked her to. But yeah, I know the women of my congregation don't want nothing to do with firearms.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GED, good luck with your proposal. You are correct in assuming that there are people who would harm church-going people if they get a chance. Some of your fellow church members are a bit naïve, not that there is anything wrong with that. Dangerous way of thinking, though. Again, good luck!

Latest posts

Top Bottom