Citigroup to place gun sale restrictions on clients

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like sign language,
...................../´¯¯/)
...................,/¯.../
.................../..../
.............../´¯/'..'/´¯¯`·¸
.........../'/.../..../....../¨¯\
..........('(....´...´... ¯~/'..')
...........\..............'...../
............\....\.........._.·´
.............\..............(
..............\..............\

Eat it citicorp!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well that's overstepping and I work at a LOCAL Oklahoma bank. We would never impose such restrictions on a customer.

I don't think they are referring to the individual who is going in to purchase a firearm. I think it applies to their "clients," also known as retailers. From the story at the link:

"Citigroup announced Thursday it’s implementing restrictions on client firearm sales, making it the first major bank to impose such gun control measures.

In an email to employees provided to Infowars, Citigroup Chief Executive Officer Mike Corbat detailed new policies applying to “small business, commercial and institutional clients, as well as credit card partners.”"

I think all the entities in the second paragraph do not include individuals unless said individual is a sole proprietor of a firearms business.

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think they are referring to the individual who is going in to purchase a firearm. I think it applies to their "clients," also known as retailers. From the story at the link:

"Citigroup announced Thursday it’s implementing restrictions on client firearm sales, making it the first major bank to impose such gun control measures.

In an email to employees provided to Infowars, Citigroup Chief Executive Officer Mike Corbat detailed new policies applying to “small business, commercial and institutional clients, as well as credit card partners.”"

I think all the entities in the second paragraph do not include individuals unless said individual is a sole proprietor of a firearms business.
I understand exactly what Citi is doing. They are imposing restrictions on their customers - firearms retailers - they have no right to impose.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

That's the way I read it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom