Citigroup to place gun sale restrictions on clients

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This may not be the end of it, other card companies may follow suit.
Who said right wing republicans own all the big businesses?
In the long run it's got to be about the money, maybe citi figures they'll get more new customers out of this pc gesture than they'll lose.
It's getting so you can hardly buy anything without supporting some anti gun business somewhere along the line.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mortgages are bought and sold all the time, often without your knowledge until they notify you of who new to pay. Is there a way to prevent this aside from paying off the note?
My mortgage is with TFCU and was moved from Wells Fargo because I was fed up with all their shenanigans. You can ask the lender if they are going to or have sold mortgages before you sign. If so, you can find a different lender. After you sign the papers, there is nothing you can do to stop the lender from selling, other than change lenders.

When I refinanced my mortgage, my rate dropped to 1.99%. I only use local credit unions now for my “banking”. I’ve actually negotiated lower rates on loans, like my mortgage, I’ve taken out to use the leverage in my favor. Once your credit score goes north of 800, lenders are willing to negotiate on the rates.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a Citi card, but only because that is the card that Costco went to from a previous company. The only time that card is used is when we shop at Costco and is always paid off that month. The only other card we have is Discover, and it is seldom ever used. Most of our banking is done with USAA and if we don't have cash, we don't buy it.

Well. I was slightly wrong there. The wife just told me that she has one other card. I don't know what it is, but she uses it for purchases of sewing/embroidery equipment and an occasional purchase of camera equipment for me. Guess what? I'm not going to complain about her having that card.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a Citi bank and it's now cancelled. It's more of a process than I thought. Got several emails requesting why a long time card holder wanted to cancel. Offered a better rate...etc. I didn't answer any of the emails until around noon, when I explained that I was not wanting to cancel, I CANCELED THE DAMN THING! I went on to explain why. I may have called them Commie bastards......
I've received no further emails since 12:21 pm today. HA!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
an option, but one that would likely cost someone more money longterm. likely higher rates, re-fi fees, etc. Wouldn't it? Might not be an option for everyone
Not all refi with higher fees.
Although not all can apply, our previous mortgage owner on farmland/home over 40 acres had zero refi charges. The kicker was the rate had to be 1.5% lower or more before that happened.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just called and cancelled this weekend. I have 3 cards so no big deal but I've had that card since 2008 and had used it more than the others. Can't say that she made much of an effort to talk me out of cancelling. I asked her why she thought her company needed to be involved in second right issues at all, she didn't really have an answer....

Latest posts

Top Bottom