Civil Liberties Predictions for 2018

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-predictions-for-2018/?utm_term=.3d24c3f2dc04

Civil liberties predictions for 2018
By Radley Balko December 29 at 2:11 PM

The end of December is typically the time for year-end lists, best-of lists, and predictions for the year ahead. This post is the latter — it’s an indication of where I think civil liberties are headed in 2018.

These predictions are admittedly cynical — perhaps even a bit far-fetched or paranoid. But there’s some value in contemplating how bad things could get if we aren’t vigilant.

So, let’s get to it. Here are my predictions:

You’ve all probably figured it out by now, but these aren’t predictions at all. These are all stories that took place in 2017. So. Happy New Year!

The Watch will be back on Tuesday, prepped for another year of madness.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Lot of work went into this craziness!! In your work did you find any good news? Very interesting info here thanks for posting it!

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lot of work went into this craziness!! In your work did you find any good news? Very interesting info here thanks for posting it!
I didn't do any of the work; I just follow Radley Balko, and have since he was back at Reason. Amusingly, Eugene Volokh (of the Volokh Conspiracy, and also a good read for legal matters), recently left WaPo for Reason.

Latest posts

Top Bottom