Civil War: Hypotheticals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Normaly this is true, but I am telling ya, most of the "liberal/progressives" I happen to know are starting to make me a bit uneasy with all their comments lately.

A couple of professors have the tds and Marxism bug really, really bad and it has only gotten worse over the last two years. If there is ever a bust by the feds for subversive activities in Green Country I would not be surprised one bit if a few of them are picked up. They are smart enough not to say too much, but egotistical enough to make one wonder about them.
Might want to report them

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What happens when they target infrastructure rather than loot buildings? A few key fiber cuts or grid strikes and we’re all in a world of hurt. What if some of those jackasses have key jobs in critical infrastructure? Water, sewer, gas, electric, Fire, Police, EMSA, refining or transportation. What about targeting electric sub stations, pipeline or compressor stations?

What if some of those missing stinger missiles made their way back home? What if it's something much worse?

We make jokes about being on the side with all the guns and knowing which bathroom to use but the reality is that the screws could be put to us pretty bad without the need to fire a shot.

The retribution those with guns and training could impose immediately after would be unthinkable and probably misplaced on the wrong folks.

In a civil war EVERYONE would suffer terribly. There would be no winner.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's really hard to think about how warfare would be conducted in present day in most states. It would be in most instances urbanites versus rural dwellers with suburbs being a mix and caught in the middle. Most country folk would know better than wander into enemy territory hell most avoid it as it is now. But the urbanites would roam out to us and being unfamiliar with our terrain would be easily taken from the tree lines. Besides, the left is already winning the war for us, just watch them destroy their own cities with not a thought that it is their own side they are hurting.

Precisely! I've thought the same thing since the beginning; asking myself, "what is their goal here?" Suburbia doesn't need the urbanites and frankly, we don't have much of that in OK anyway... We're a suburbia haven - they're all over the place. And like you said, the suburb and rural folks aren't waltzing into the war zones and won't. We'll continue to lay low and if that comes knocking on our doorstep, I honestly don't see a scenario where it lasts as generally, we'll always have the upper hand of knowing the territory and being spaced out to the point that logistically, it will be difficult for them to do much... They're not soldiers - even tho they played one in COD. I think most of this younger generation really has no idea how good they have it and don't really want to experience 7.62x39 zinging past their heads. It's all talk rooted in stupendous ignorance that's been fueled by laregely going unchecked at their little riots. And I believe the patriots kindness has been mistaken for weakness and that's simply not reality.

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a logical thought, but we've seen crazier things happen. Like when a bunch of primitive, uneducated rice farmers handed the US our first defeat.
Hush,

I always believe that DJT is not the reason why they left are acting the way they are. He is the excuse. They just hate the USA or the system so much that they want to destroy it.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We'll continue to lay low and if that comes knocking on our doorstep, I honestly don't see a scenario where it lasts as generally, we'll always have the upper hand of knowing the territory and being spaced out to the point that logistically, it will be difficult for them to do much
Being rural has it's advantages, mostly having the large natural buffer zone but also the disadvantage of being on an island. This can be offset by putting together a Neighborhood Protection Plan. It the unrest last very long, no food in the cities will drive the bad guys to the country. You won't be able to handle them by yourself. Maybe if you had a M240 you could.

I think most of this younger generation really has no idea how good they have it and don't really want to experience 7.62x39 zinging past their heads.

I prefer the sizzling 308 pills that don't go past their heads.

Last edited:

ICanFixIt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a logical thought, but we've seen crazier things happen. Like when a bunch of primitive, uneducated rice farmers handed the US our first defeat.
Nope. Not even close. That one is totally on the politicians. We had no business there in the first place, but micromanaging by LBJ and Robert McNamara are what killed over 58,000 Americans and wounded many more.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope. Not even close. That one is totally on the politicians. We had no business there in the first place, but micromanaging by LBJ and Robert McNamara are what killed over 58,000 Americans and wounded many more.

LBJ micro-managed the Korean Conflict?

Oh, you're talking about our second defeat, Vietnam.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Oh but they did have communications.
The politicians caused that defeat.
After the 2nd Tet offensive the VC and the NVA were destroyed as organized fighting units for the most part. Beat to a pulp, demoralized and disorganized as most of their leadership was killed or captured.
It was the perfect time militarily for the US to mount a counter attack to take out the remainder of the enemy but LBJ wouldn’t allow it to happen.
He was afraid of offending Hanoi.
The US had many opportunities to end that war and didn’t take advantage of them.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh but they did have communications.
The politicians caused that defeat.
After the 2nd Tet offensive the VC and the NVA were destroyed as organized fighting units for the most part. Beat to a pulp, demoralized and disorganized as most of their leadership was killed or captured.
It was the perfect time militarily for the US to mount a counter attack to take out the remainder of the enemy but LBJ wouldn’t allow it to happen.
He was afraid of offending Hanoi.
The US had many opportunities to stay out of that war and didn’t take advantage of them.

FIFY

Latest posts

Top Bottom