Civilian training anxiety

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Touche`

I meant the active shooting community on the range, not the barely active beyond the keyboard community in cyberspace. :)

You should know, I am not left-handed.:musketeers:

The folks who actually shoot are extremely good folks and will go way out of their way to help new folks.

It wasn't always that way, but since the late-90's I've noticed that the competition shooting community has recognized that more of us=better and that moving away from the jerks and the fringe crazies is good for us.

These days my real enjoyment of IDPA and IPSC is the folks that participate rather than the shooting itself.

Michael Brown

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You should know, I am not left-handed.:musketeers:

The folks who actually shoot are extremely good folks and will go way out of their way to help new folks.

It wasn't always that way, but since the late-90's I've noticed that the competition shooting community has recognized that more of us=better and that moving away from the jerks and the fringe crazies is good for us.

These days my real enjoyment of IDPA and IPSC is the folks that participate rather than the shooting itself.

Michael Brown

Agreed. Working the Nationals this year was a joy. Despite running my butt off all over the range making sure it ran well, it was like a gathering of old friends, with some new ones made as well.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take any and all classes you can. I haven't taken any at USSA yet, but have at TDSA. Great guys and everyone improved their gun skills.

There were several LEOs and MILs in my class. They were outnumbered significantly by civilians. Everyone got along and wanted to learn. Egos are checked at the door.

Hell, most of the guys who teach these classes are LEOs, so don't sweat it.
If someone comes in with an "I'm better than everybody" attitude, it is quickly dealt with by the instructors.

Take a class. You'll love it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom