Claremore dominos 30.06 sign

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
So here's an interesting question... if they are intentionally misrepresenting the law to the public, I don't guess there is any penalty for that? Probably not, but man, that dude's a moron. lol

I know one of the hospitals I worked at had signage up that stated they would prosecute to the full extent of the law anyone who carried a firearm on the premises. I thought it was funny and pointed it out to one of the cops one night who backed it up, trying to convince me hospitals were a prohibited place under Oklahoma law. I just laughed at him and told him to show me in the state law where that was the case - he declined to look it up and prove it to me ("I don't need to show you, I know it's true"). It's funny how many law enforcement officers ALSO don't know the statute.

I haven't looked lately but our local hospital also used to have signage banning firearms on the premises. I ignore those, too. If anyone ever notices me carrying and asks me to leave, I will do so.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, I went to pick up my pizza at claremore dominos and they had a 30.06 sign posted. I tried explaining that was a Texas law, not Oklahoma and the guy didn't care. See picture
If it was the guy at the counter, he probably has no input or ability to do anything about the sign. I wonder if it's a Texas franchisee expanding their territory or a transplant from the Lone Star state unfamiliar with Oklahoma law.

Edit: I found an article from the Nov. 2, 2017 Claremore Daily Progress announcing the opening of the Claremore store. The owner's name is John Eddie Hall, and he got his start with Domino's in 1992 as a driver in Dallas, Texas. He moved to Oklahoma in 1999 when he bought his first franchise in Tulsa. He owns fifteen stores in Green Country.

Last edited:

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it was the guy at the counter, he probably has no input or ability to do anything about the sign. I wonder if it's a Texas franchisee expanding their territory or a transplant from the Lone Star state unfamiliar with Oklahoma law.

Edit: I found an article from the Nov. 2, 2017 Claremore Daily Progress announcing the opening of the Claremore store. The owner's name is John Eddie Hall, and he got his start with Domino's in 1992 as a driver in Dallas, Texas. He moved to Oklahoma in 1999 when he bought his first franchise in Tulsa. He owns fifteen stores in Green Country.

Bingo! So, the owner doesn't know the law.

Latest posts

Top Bottom