Class III in the Tulsa area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murphy j

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I paid in full for a factory SBR at one of the bigger dealers here in Tulsa, but found out as I was finishing the transaction that the companies rifle I want is backordered till October. I went ahead and finished the transaction, but after a week or so of mulling it over I started to explore other options and found what I'm looking for out of state. I went in to talk to them about getting it from that dealer and they acted real cagey like they didn't want to do it, but took the contact info I had and said they'd check into it tomorrow. The only reason I dealt with this place to begin with was they were listed as a dealer for said companies rifles and they would do up the trust for me. I'm now considering canceling my order with them and taking my business to someone who acts like they want it whether they need it or not. I also don't feel like waiting till damn near the end of the year to get the NFA ball rolling. I'd appreciate any and all suggestions on who to deal with in this matter. Thanks.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I paid in full for a factory SBR at one of the bigger dealers here in Tulsa, but found out as I was finishing the transaction that the companies rifle I want is backordered till October. I went ahead and finished the transaction, but after a week or so of mulling it over I started to explore other options and found what I'm looking for out of state. I went in to talk to them about getting it from that dealer and they acted real cagey like they didn't want to do it, but took the contact info I had and said they'd check into it tomorrow. The only reason I dealt with this place to begin with was they were listed as a dealer for said companies rifles and they would do up the trust for me. I'm now considering canceling my order with them and taking my business to someone who acts like they want it whether they need it or not. I also don't feel like waiting till damn near the end of the year to get the NFA ball rolling. I'd appreciate any and all suggestions on who to deal with in this matter. Thanks.

Kinda hard to recommend a C3 dealer in Tulsa when we don't know which one you're unhappy with. FWIW, C3 dealers get kinda edgy when people come in with a firm plan and then come back with a change of heart. When you work with a C3 dealer, you're somewhat in a short term "marriage". Best to know as much as possible before entering into an agreement with one.

murphy j

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kinda hard to recommend a C3 dealer in Tulsa when we don't know which one you're unhappy with. FWIW, C3 dealers get kinda edgy when people come in with a firm plan and then come back with a change of heart. When you work with a C3 dealer, you're somewhat in a short term "marriage". Best to know as much as possible before entering into an agreement with one.

I guess maybe I was unclear. I've had no change of heart, I just don't want to wait till October to start the NFA process. Would you want to wait until roughly this time next year to get your rifle? NFA wait times are long enough as is and I was prepared for that, but not a year or longer. I was there when they called the factory and made the inquirie on it. Nothing was said about backorder at that time. I showed them where it was in stock so that there was no waiting on the factory. I've said I'll pay the difference if it costs more for them to acquire it from this alternate source. They lose nothing on the deal and I get what I want 6 months or more sooner. I chose to not name any names because something might have been misunderstood an that would be bad form at this point. I wasn't able to talk to the principle person I need to talk to and will be following up with them today. I was just trying to find out who in the area Is out of state dealer friendly and easy to work with.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess maybe I was unclear. I've had no change of heart, I just don't want to wait till October to start the NFA process. Would you want to wait until roughly this time next year to get your rifle? NFA wait times are long enough as is and I was prepared for that, but not a year or longer. I was there when they called the factory and made the inquirie on it. Nothing was said about backorder at that time. I showed them where it was in stock so that there was no waiting on the factory. I've said I'll pay the difference if it costs more for them to acquire it from this alternate source. They lose nothing on the deal and I get what I want 6 months or more sooner. I chose to not name any names because something might have been misunderstood an that would be bad form at this point. I wasn't able to talk to the principle person I need to talk to and will be following up with them today. I was just trying to find out who in the area Is out of state dealer friendly and easy to work with.

Understood. Hope it all works out for you.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldent get into bed with a dealer I didn't feel really good dealing with. Tell them to stick it and deal with one of the dealers on the board like Dustin above. The short drive is only nesecary when you pick up your item and might be worth the piece of mind

murphy j

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just to update everyone... I was able to talk to the person I needed to today. I've been assured by him that they're making every effort to get me the exact rifle I want in a timely manner so the NFA process can get rolling. I was told that they have a privileged relationship with one of their wholesalers and he has the lions share of the particular brand of rifle I want coming to them. I was told they're trying to get a serial number for me and should know something by the end of the week. I guess I was getting myself a little worked up when I shouldn't have, but it would have been nice to have that info earlier. We'll see how this goes and I hope it turns out well as I don't like making a deal with someone and then having to back out of it.

Thanks everyone for chiming in on this.
@Honeybee... I'll definitely call you when I'm ready to suppress this rifle and if things don't work out at this other place, then rest assured that you'll hear from me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom