Class III question AA-12 & auto Glock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saltydecimator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i actually called the aa 12 guy a few weeks ago. super strange conversation. he says he only sells it to the militaries of foreign govts. doesnt have approval to sell it in the states. something about insurance. i asked him if he could sell the parts to steve and have him make it into a weapon, but he said no to that already. same deal with the insurance. after being no help and kind of rude (i am sure he gets a lotta crazy calls from people) we hung up. then the next day, he called me back, said the same stuff over agian, and then promptly hung up.

as far as i know, the aa12 is based on a gun from the 70s, so theoretically, there may be one laying around somewhere

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You could become a class III dealer yourself and then you could obtain them legally.

Only if you get a demo letter from an LE agency. Also, you would have to get rid of the gun if you ever give up your license. Lastly, it is illegal to get an FFL for the sole purpose of enhancing your personal collection.

Last edited:

MuTau007

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So how about the switch you can buy to put in? Can I not get a stamp and do paper work??? I just don't understand why people have these yet I can't... All sorts of video of people with these. Or are they breaking the law?

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So how about the switch you can buy to put in? Can I not get a stamp and do paper work??? I just don't understand why people have these yet I can't... All sorts of video of people with these. Or are they breaking the law?

Because the federal government outlawed machineguns for civilians in 1986. The only ones we can own are those made and registered before that period. You cannot register a Glock switch now. A 07/02 FFL/SOT (manufacturer) can build one, but they can only sell it to a LE/Mil agency. An 01/03 FFL/SOT (C3 Dealer) can get one to demo if he gets a demo letter from an LE/Mil agency, but again, it can only be sold to a LE/Mil agency. I am sure that some of the videos are from manufacturers or dealers, but I would bet a lot of them are illegal.

Here is some info from ATF on these switches: http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/firearms-technology.html#glock-conversion

Latest posts

Top Bottom