Classifieds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've noticed it as well in some posts. I find it more centered around the 'No Insulting Lowball Offers' topic. 'I won't respond' or something similar is seen from time to time. I may just be reading more into it than I should.
If you are talking about me I post that on nearly every ad I post. Especially on armslist, people on there are a different breed. They don't care if their offer is rude or not. Some people are out to get something for nothing. I'm a nice guy, I don't bite. That particular ad I added it after a noob lowballed me. Matter of fact I got a better offer from a dealer at the gun show! Matter of fact, both the guns I sold today I took a loss on. Oh well, I'm not complaining.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are talking about me I post that on nearly every ad I post. Especially on armslist, people on there are a different breed. They don't care if their offer is rude or not. Some people are out to get something for nothing. I'm a nice guy, I don't bite. That particular ad I added it after a noob lowballed me. Matter of fact I got a better offer from a dealer at the gun show! Matter of fact, both the guns I sold today I took a loss on. Oh well, I'm not complaining.
Like I said earlier, I may be reading more into it than I should. I've been lucky and never really received any serious lowball or insulting offers. I always expect a little bit of back-and-forth unless I stated in my ad that a price was firm. It wasn't my intention of singling you out, and you are in no way the only one who words their for sale posts that way. It's just me and my weird thought process sometimes!

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've noticed it as well in some posts. I find it more centered around the 'No Insulting Lowball Offers' topic. 'I won't respond' or something similar is seen from time to time. I may just be reading more into it than I should. I get it, no one wants to get lowball offers, but I think the wording could be changed a little bit to not scare away prospective buyers. Just say the price is firm, or something similar. It is their item for sale, and their rules, so I just keep my thoughts to myself on their thread and move along. I'll admit I've wanted an item or two over the past several months that I intentionally didn't contact the seller because of their ad, and I just didn't feel like dealing with all of the prerequisites needed for the sale.

I've never really had any issues with low ball offers on guns I've sold through the website in the past. I've mostly only dealt with well established members, but that wasn't my intention. I just tried to list any gun I sell for a fair price that someone who's interested would appreciate. No big demands or making people jump through hoops, just a simple ad with a fair price and location details, and I've always found someone on OSA who wanted the item. I don't think I've ever had any no-shows, or met anyone through OSA that I didn't like. Of course we all vet prospective buyers and sellers when we contact them initially, but I've always had great dealings through OSA. It's been ages since I had anything on Armslist, long before they put their paywall in place. Selling through that website was always another matter, and I denied a few people a meet just based on a gut feeling at the time.

I like buying your stuff before you even get a chance to place the ad!!

:thumbup3:

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like I said earlier, I may be reading more into it than I should. I've been lucky and never really received any serious lowball or insulting offers. I always expect a little bit of back-and-forth unless I stated in my ad that a price was firm. It wasn't my intention of singling you out, and you are in no way the only one who words their for sale posts that way. It's just me and my weird thought process sometimes!
I've seen people on here say if they get lowballed they send D#$% pics. I can't remember who it was though. I personally wouldn't do that. Worst I can say is no I'm sorry I can't go that low. There used to be a guy on armslist that would offer you half your asking price "if in good condition" I'm sure he wouldn't pay the $7 a month to be on there now. Now that is insulting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom