Clean Powder for 38 Special

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Winchester(Hodgdon) has had Win 244 out since 2018. Loads the same as 231/HP38 and claims to have some copper cleaning properties. I just got some. We’ll see.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In today’s climate with a shortage of supplies, I pretty much get used to loading with whatever I can get. if it shoots a little dirty no big deal, just clean the damn gun. I love unique… Super versatile. Yeah it’s dirty, but I just clean the damn gun haha!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In today’s climate with a shortage of supplies, I pretty much get used to loading with whatever I can get. if it shoots a little dirty no big deal, just clean the damn gun. I love unique… Super versatile. Yeah it’s dirty, but I just clean the damn gun haha!
I like your thinking! I'm using shotgun powder for pistol and working up some magnum powders like H-110 to perform medium power duties because I have so much of it.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like your thinking! I'm using shotgun powder for pistol and working up some magnum powders like H-110 to perform medium power duties because I have so much of it.
Thanks! I am in the same boat. Using what I have to make things work. I recently loaded up some low velocity,low pressure, 45/70 with large pistol magnum primers. Used the large pistol primers because I am so low on large rifle primers. For low pressure 45/70 they work great. I know it is not ideal, but desperate times call for desperate measures people

Latest posts

Top Bottom