Cleaning a Spectre using stainless pins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Purchased a Thumbler's Tumbler, five pounds of stainless steel pins. Two tablespoons of Dawn and a 1/4 teaspoon of Lemishine.

Before:

img.photobucket.com_albums_v231_GLG20_Suppressor_DSC00434.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v231_GLG20_Suppressor_DSC00436.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v231_GLG20_Suppressor_DSC00439.jpg

After four hours:

img.photobucket.com_albums_v231_GLG20_Suppressor_DSC00440.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v231_GLG20_Suppressor_DSC00441.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v231_GLG20_Suppressor_DSC00442.jpg

Very easy and no lead acetate to worry about.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No it was not that dirty, but that was the condition of the can when I received everything. It had about 4-500 rounds thru it. I will probably clean it every brick or so. It is quiet enough for me when it is clean.

centraloklahoma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SPECTRE "QUIET".

Mine is so quiet that you hear the weapon cycle, the projectile hitting the cardboard target and then the projectile hitting the dirt backstop behind the target.

I also clean mine after every trip to shoot paper targets, which is in the 400-600 round range. I have never had to use my factory pusher tool to removed the baffles. I usually take it apart when its still warm from shooting. Clean up with a toothbroush is no big deal, but your tumbler option sure has me thinking and makes it look factory new.

Last edited:

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks great.

I bought a wet tumbler and stainless media about a month ago and I'm VERY happy with the results. I've only used it on brass so far, but it works great.

Did you get media from STM?

Latest posts

Top Bottom