Cleaning a suppressor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do you guys clean your suppressors? and what solvents or cleaners do you use? I was thinking of getting an Ultrasonic cleaner....if you guys use one, is there one that you would recommend?

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never clean anything on mine except for the mounting threads.

To quote Dr. Phillip Dater of Gemtech at the 2003 SAR Gun Show: "Clean your suppressors as often as you clean the mufflers on your car."

Last edited:

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do you guys clean your suppressors? and what solvents or cleaners do you use? I was thinking of getting an Ultrasonic cleaner....if you guys use one, is there one that you would recommend?

What materials is the suppressor made of? User serviceable? SS media, soda blasting, the dip, and ultrasonic cleaners are all good options depending on which can you have.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am waiting on an SWR Spectre 2....SS......I'm just tryin to think ahead, I've only had my paperwork in for 2 wks, so I've got a lot of time to learn the basics of suppressor care.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You could always use the "dip" (50% hydrogen peroxide/50% white vinegar).

Then you can figure out how to dispose of the toxic lead acetate that's left.

ya really need to know what you are getting yourself into before you attempt this.

Listen to DG and T55. That mixture would be very toxic and would also eat up any aluminium in your can.

Folks do more damage to (and shorten the life of) their cans trying to "clean" them then if they had just left them alone.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somebody in the Yukon/Mustang area needs to provide this service for a small fee. Would you have to be a Class 3 dealer to do service on a can?

Latest posts

Top Bottom