Cleaning and polishing again Shadow and Springfield 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure why the first picture.....but ok. I'll be in bed for the 14 day with the covid thing tomorrow. I've cleaned so many guns I'm cleaning the cleaning. But it keeps me awake.
PIc is with two of my HS buddies as we headed off to work in the wheat fields the day after graduation. That's what you did back then to make money for college. Left town for work.
I've cleaned the Shadow a couple of times as with my other hand guns (because it's easy to do and be in bed....Ha). Just looking for something to improve on both these guns and there's not. The Shadow 2 is just perfect. Hand made excellence. Not even a single mill mark. Yet it's fun to take it completly down to the pins to admire it.
As well. Springfield got into trouble with the 2a community because they didn't fight to the bitter end on the bump stock thing years ago. A lot of people turned their backs on them and were wanting them to go under because they didn't through their company under the bus for bump stocks. Most of those people didn't have their money at risk but glad to have others to risk.
Regardless, I bought this one just before the haters started hating and never regretted it. It's a great gun and I like great guns. It's a superior 1911 that shoots outstanding and you can't change that. Their CS is super and the product is spot on.
It too has zero you can do to it to make it better. It's smooth, slick and solid. Single stack 9 with no recoil.

Attachments

• 70's.jpg
    70's.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 62
  • Cleaning againg.JPG
    Cleaning againg.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 44

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you having symptoms, or just quarantining? Take care of yourself, I hope you're okay...
Both. I was ill and went for a test and came out positive. Then the bottom fell out. COVID.
I had Cancer and one lung removed so I have some pre issues. Had the Merc covid shots and boosters before I got COVID. Felt like crap but figured I'd do what ever I needed. Got the other immune treatments/shots and went to bed. Kept myself away from my wife and blocked off the house for me at that end. Got very weak and ill. Cancer dr/throrasic/do's all told me to stay at home and not got to hospital. I did. Got weaker but then a bit better then down harder. So weak I' was sleeping 14 plus hours a day. ZERO energy. No appetite just exhausted. Had antibiotics to fight off the COVID pneumonia and steroids. Tomorrow 14th day of this crap. Making myself stay up and awake. This sucks and I'm goofy as I can be.
Have kept my wife from getting infected but without her, not sure if I'd be here now. Good woman no doubt.
Take care everyone. This thing is different to everyone. Losing another friend from it soon. Others are doing ok.
Stay safe and I pray for all of you

Latest posts

Top Bottom